The enterprise website has come a long way in a few short years. Not long ago, websites were little more than online bulletin boards where companies pasted static content. Today, websites are responsible for delivering dynamic content designed to engage users and increase conversions with superior digital experiences. Web content must be integrated and coordinated with content and campaigns that cross a myriad of other digital channels. Legacy content management systems are obsolete – today, the enterprise website must be powered by leading-edge digital experience platforms that enable digital teams to make the website the center of an omnichannel customer journey.
To help organizations build, manage and optimize the enterprise website more effectively, Acquia offers an open digital experience platform built on Drupal.
The benefits of an open source CMS for creating enterprise websites
Drupal is the leading open source CMS for ambitious digital experiences. Companies around the world rely on Drupal to drive web content and multichannel, personalized experiences that let them connect with users, customers and visitors wherever they are.
As an open source content management system for the enterprise website, Drupal enables digital teams to:
- Evolve along with changes in the digital landscape: New channels, devices and marketing technologies are constantly emerging, and the Drupal open source platform enables organizations to quickly adapt to take advantage of new opportunities. The Drupal platform is supported by the world’s largest open source community of contributors who are constantly improving and extending the functionality of this versatile application.
- Create more compelling enterprise websites. The open source Drupal platform now supports decoupled architecture, allowing developers to use Drupal’s powerful CMS as the back-end for projects where the front-end can be rendered with whatever tools are best for the job.
- Connect easily to data sources, channels and devices. With a broad range of open integrations and APIs, a Drupal enterprise can easily connect to data silos within the organization for a more complete picture of customers and campaigns, while also serving content easily to any digital device or platform.
- Reduce the cost of managing the enterprise website. When an enterprise commits to being an open source company – an organization that uses open source solutions – it can realize significant cost-savings as there are no licensing fees for Drupal.
As digital teams look to Drupal to create world-class enterprise websites and digital experiences, Acquia provides a powerful suite of solutions that make it easier to build better Drupal sites faster and to automate, personalize and orchestrate Drupal-based marketing campaigns.
Acquia: an open digital experience platform for enterprise websites
Acquia brings together everything you need to deliver exceptional digital experiences and enterprise websites built on the only platform optimized for Drupal. As an open digital experience platform, Acquia’s API-first approach enables IT, marketing and commerce teams to build and deliver applications on their own terms. And with support for headless Drupal and out-of-the-box solutions for accelerating development, Acquia delivers the tools that enterprises need to bring new websites and experiences to market faster.
Acquia solutions include:
- Acquia Cloud, a Drupal hosting solution for building and running Drupal-based digital experiences and enterprise websites at peak performance.
- Acquia Site Factory, providing the fastest way to build, manage and centralize hundreds of Drupal websites on a global scale.
- Acquia Lightning, a Drupal 8 distribution with preselected modules and configurations that help to accelerate development of enterprise websites.
- Acquia Site Studio, a low-code add-on that can speed build times by as much as 4x with more inclusive, agile and collaborative tools.
- Acquia Digital Asset Manager, a solution for storing and managing digital assets for all your Drupal sites.
- Acquia Commerce, a platform for creating secure and content-rich experiential commerce.
- Acquia Personalization, the only personalization tool optimized for Drupal, giving developers and marketers point-and-click tools to personalize content.
- Acquia Customer Data Platform, a tool that helps marketers listen to and learn from customers, to better determine what content users need based on a sequence of personalized touchpoints.
- Acquia Campaign Studio, a fully-featured marketing automation platform for sending and personalizing multi-channel communications at scale.
- Acquia Campaign Factory, for managing multiple Campaign Studio marketing automation accounts.
How Acquia enables better enterprise websites
When using Acquia to build the enterprise website, organizations can:
- Build best-in-class digital experiences across all channels: Acquia empowers digital teams to deliver personalized content to multiple sites and audiences.
- Enable headless Drupal architecture: With support for Node.js runtime, Acquia enables developers to use their tools of choice to create front-end experiences on any channel and device.
- Personalize with point-and-click functionality: Acquia’s personalization capabilities make it simple for anyone to customize content for individual customers and prospects – without needing help from IT.
- Achieve top performance: Acquia’s built-in monitoring and optimization tools take the guesswork out of managing performance.
- Scale to hundreds of enterprise websites as needed: With Acquia, digital teams can build and manage hundreds of ambitious digital experiences and manage them on a single platform.
- Future-proof your martech stack: As an open source platform, Acquia makes it easy for your marketing technology to evolve with your business needs.
Why choose Acquia for your enterprise website?
Acquia was founded by Dries Buytaert, the same open-source pioneer who created Drupal, to provide enterprises with solutions, services and infrastructure for building, managing and
optimizing better Drupal websites and digital experiences. With a unique perspective into the inner workings of the Drupal platform, we are able to provide solutions that enable organizations to get the most out of Drupal as they launch ambitious enterprise websites and create customer moments that matter.
FAQs: what is an enterprise website?
What is an enterprise website?
An enterprise website is an online site created for a large organization, business or group. Enterprise websites tend to be quite large and require the highest level of functionality and global support. Enterprise websites are often the center of a universe of digital sites and touchpoints – including mobile apps, social media, conversational UIs, augmented and virtual reality experiences and many other channels. The ability to coordinate content easily between the enterprise website and other platforms is essential to presenting a consistent brand experience and to meeting customers’ needs to matter where they are.