THE CASE FOR A CLOUD CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Enterprises are asking a lot more of their content management systems (CMS) and web content management systems (WCM) today. While the first content management solutions were little more than methods for posting a brochure online, today’s CMS platforms must serve content across a dizzying array of media, channels and devices. CMS platforms now are essential for managing content for everything from online stores to updating websites, supporting mobile apps, populating CRM systems, enabling chat platforms, connecting with IoT devices and more.
The traditional technology for managing web content was proprietary and on premise. The next generation of CMS will be open source, cloud content management systems that deliver more flexibility, scalability, agility and speed, along with the ability to quickly add new functionality to drive innovation and build exceptional digital experiences.
The benefits of open source, cloud content management systems
With a cloud content management system built on open source architecture, enterprises can realize a number of advantages that include:
- Easier governance: Cloud content management technology makes it easier to apply governance standards across hundreds or thousands of sites.
- Better security: A cloud-based solution can enforce stronger security practices to mitigate threats and address attacks.
- Greater scalability: Cloud architecture enables organizations to scale quickly and easily to accommodate business growth and changing market conditions.
- Increased competitiveness: A cloud platform-as-a-service delivers the speed, agility and flexibility to build and deliver experiences to support any step along the customer journey.
- Stronger innovation: An open source platform benefits from the contributions of a worldwide community of users and developers who are continually improving functionality and extending the platform.
- Ultimate adaptability: Freed from the limitations of proprietary software, an open source solution allows organizations to quickly adapt content strategies to engage customers on an ever-growing universe of new digital platforms, devices and media.
Acquia: a cloud content management solution based on Drupal
Acquia is a cloud-based, open digital experience platform based on Drupal that delivers everything you need to create exceptional digital experiences. Taking advantage of Drupal’s open source platform and robust feature set, Acquia provides a suite of solutions with tools to build, operate and optimize best-in-class websites, apps and other digital experiences.
Acquia’s cloud content management services include comprehensive tools for building, managing and personalizing digital experiences.
- Acquia Cloud Platform is a fully managed solution for Drupal hosting that provides robust development tools, enterprise grade security and world-class support, while Acquia Cloud Site Factory enables teams to update and centralize hundreds of websites at global scale.
- Acquia Lightning is an open source Drupal 8 distribution that helps developers build better sites faster, while Acquia Site Studio offers a low-code add-on that makes it easier for non-technical users to create Drupal sites.
- Acquia Digital Asset Management provides a cloud-based digital asset management tool and central library for all Drupal sites.
- Acquia Commerce Manager delivers a secure and flexible platform for content-rich experiential commerce.
Acquia also provides tools for personalizing and connecting with customers.
- Acquia Site Studio allows marketers to listen and learn from customers, gleaning the insight they need to create a sequence of personalized touchpoints.
- Acquia Personalization is the only personalization tool optimize for Drupal, bringing point-and-click capabilities for personalizing content.
- Acquia Campaign Studio is the only open marketing automation platform, allowing marketers to personalize multi-channel communications at scale.
- Acquia Campaign Factory makes it easy to manage multiple Acquia Personalization marketing automation accounts.
Features of Acquia’s cloud CMS
Key features of Acquia’s cloud content management system include:
- Cloud-native: With Acquia, your cloud content management system is run natively in a cloud-based environment, rather than on internal servers. That means your digital teams are freed from responsibility for managing infrastructure, monitoring performance and ensuring security, enabling them to focus on building better experiences for your audiences.
- Open source: As an open source WCM based on Drupal, Acquia offers the flexibility your teams need to build on their own terms, enhanced by a the work of a global committee of Drupal contributors.
- Personalization tools: Acquia makes it easy to personalize content for each visitor, aligning content with the visitor’s interests and intent on everything from the homepage down to specific blocks of content on individual pages.
- Integrations and extensions: As your teams create engaging experiences, Acquia’s cloud content management solution lets them build with a variety of tools and technology, integrating with other platforms such as marketing automation, commerce and analytics.
- Support for multiple channels and sites: With support for headless Drupal, Acquia enables developers to use their preferred tools to deliver content to smart phones, tablets, kiosks, voice-enabled devices and other applications while managing and governing dozens or hundreds of websites in a single environment.
- Marketer-friendly: Acquia’s cloud content management system is designed for the large role that marketers play in creating digital customer experiences today. Acquia’s tools make it easy for marketers to build, operate and optimize digital experiences.
Why Acquia’s cloud content management system makes sense
Acquia was founded by the same open source pioneer who created Drupal. That means, as a cloud content management solution, Acquia has unique insight into the world’s most popular platform for developing exceptional digital experiences. With Acquia, you get a single content cloud platform that provides all the tools you need to build, manage and optimize experiences, embracing innovation to create more customer moments that matter.
FAQs: what is a cloud content management system?
What is a cloud content management system?
A cloud content management system, or cloud CMS, is a cloud-based software application that simplifies the task of creating, modifying, managing, storing and serving content to websites, mobile apps and other digital experiences. Rather than being installed on on-premise servers, a cloud content management system is installed on servers in the cloud and is managed by a third-party web hosting service provider.
What are the benefits of a cloud content management solution?
With a cloud content management solution, digital teams are no longer responsible for configuring, maintaining, monitoring and upgrading the CMS technology – that task is performed by the web hosting provider. Cloud content management solutions can be upgraded more frequently, allowing digital teams to access new functionality faster. And they cloud CMS provides more robust support to help resolve issues more quickly.
What is a Drupal cloud content management system?
Drupal is a leading platform for web content management, used by millions of people and organizations around the world to build and maintain websites and digital experiences. As an open source CMS, the Drupal content management framework is supported by a large community of users and developers who are continually improving and extending the platform. Acquia provides a cloud-based digital experience platform that is based on the Drupal content management system, giving enterprises a powerful more powerful tools for build more powerful experiences.