DELVE INTO THE DRUPAL 8 GUIDE
Drupal is the leading open source CMS for ambitious enterprise website experiences and other digital properties that can help you reach your audience across multiple channels. Thanks to the contributions of the devoted Drupal Community, Drupal 8 has seen steady improvements since its initial release in 2015. The latest version, Drupal 8.8, is packed with new features and capabilities that make page layouts, media management and decoupled web experiences easier than ever to manage and deliver.
As the foremost expert in Drupal 8, Acquia provides a Drupal 8 guide that can help end-users, site builders, and module and theme developers take advantage of all the new tools and improvements in the latest Drupal release.
Download the Ultimate Guide to Drupal 8
The Ultimate Guide to Drupal 8
The Ultimate Guide to Drupal 8 is written by Drupal experts with Acquia. As a leading contributor to the Drupal open source project and a devoted member of the Drupal Committee, Acquia is committed to giving back to Drupal through contributions in code and design, and by sponsoring events around the world to share our knowledge and enthusiasm for Drupal.
Our Drupal 8 guide is an e-book packed with information about the major changes in the most recent release, enabling you to get up to speed on the enhancements that can empower every user -- from content authors and editors who use Drupal websites every day to the designers, site builders and developers who rely on Drupal to build best-in-class digital experiences.
In addition to our Drupal 8 guide, you may want to check out the Drupal 8 User Guide, an excellent overview of Drupal 8 development from a site-builder perspective, with an introduction to Drupal concepts through a project-based, step-by-step approach.
What’s in Acquia’s Drupal 8 guide?
Our guide for Drupal 8 covers the major changes, features and updates in Drupal 8 for service providers and end-users, designers, site builders, theme- and front-end developers as well as module and back-end developers. Topics include:
- Getting started with Drupal: A brief introduction to Drupal terminology and basic capabilities.
- Content Authoring Experience: A look at changes related to the out-of-the-box experience for content authors and editors, including the WYSIWYG editor and in-place editing.
- Media Management: An overview of improved media capabilities that Drupal 8 offers over previous versions, including support for additional media types, capabilities for embedding remote content and the updates to the Media Library module.
- Workflow: Several of the most exciting new features in Drupal 8 relate to workflow, moderation, content revisions and content staging.
- Layout Builder: A look at new functionality in Drupal’s flexible block system for placing a discrete piece of content, and capabilities for using Layout Builder to customize page displays.
- Multilingual: An overview of Drupal 8’s multilingual capabilities, including support modules for multiple languages, translations of built-in Drupal interfaces, translations of content items, and an interface to translate website configuration.
- Mobile Experience: An introduction to new features that make both the front and back-end entirely mobile-friendly to provide an optimal experience for visitors and administrators.
- Building and Managing Your Site: A survey of improvements to site-building tools, including new capabilities for Views in the Drupal core, capabilities for organizing pages with blocks and structuring content with entity fields, tools for migrating to Drupal 8 and a new configuration management system.
- Front-end Developer Experience: An overview of the improvements for front-end developers, including HTML5, additional helper libraries, accessibility enhancements and new themes, UI elements and accelerated performance.
- Back-end Developer Experience: A look at back-end developer improvements, including object-oriented code, improved caching, better integration with third-party services and extensive built-in web services features.
The Acquia blog: additional Drupal 8 guides
In addition to our e-book, you’ll also find a helpful Drupal 8 guide in our blog series that covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Workflows for Drupal 8: Content, Revisions and Moderation
- Media Management in Drupal
- Content Authoring in Drupal 8
- Getting Started with Drupal
Why make Acquia your guide to Drupal 8?
An open source company, Acquia was founded by the creator of Drupal to provide organizations using the Drupal platform with infrastructure, support and services to get more from their Drupal CMS. As an open digital experience platform built for Drupal, Acquia solutions help Drupal scale and make Drupal easier to use, enabling you to build, manage and optimize digital experiences on a single platform.
Because Drupal is in our DNA, Acquia developers have unique insight into the inner workings of Drupal 8. Our solutions for Drupal hosting, for building and managing Drupal experiences and for automating, personalizing and orchestrating marketing campaigns provide comprehensive tools for creating best-in-class digital experiences across all channels.
FAQs: what is a Drupal 8 guide?
What is Acquia’s Drupal 8 guide?
The Ultimate Guide to Drupal 8 is an e-book produced by Acquia, an open digital experience company founded by the creator of Drupal. This Drupal 8 guide provides end-users, site builders and module and theme developers with an overview of the newest improvements, tools and capabilities within the latest release of Drupal 8.
What features does the Drupal 8 guide cover?
Acquia’s Drupal 8 guide offers a look at improvements throughout the Drupal platform, including new capabilities for making page layouts, media management and decoupled web experiences easier to manage, conserving production time and effort.