Sr. Manager Account Management
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking an ambitious Senior Manager, Account Management to be a player-coach leading and developing a team of Account Managers. The team provide support to Acquia’s accounts and lead them in upselling, renewals and strategic planning. This role will proactively engage in the day-to-day management of account managers and your own accounts including issue resolution. This role will work directly with Sales, Technical Support and Finance.
This position is designed for an experienced account manager who displays leadership qualities and a desire to manage a team with a quota. This is a great opportunity to hit a hot market with best-of-breed open source technology and be the front lines of our Account Management program.
- Lead a team of 4-5 Account Managers in providing exceptional customer service and developing relationships
- Own the quota for your team of Account Managers and motivate the team to exceed their numbers
- Help your team identify and close new opportunities within existing customer base
- Create and execute on a territory plans to drive customer retention and upsell opportunities
- Exceed monthly/quarterly growth and renewal goals
- Coordinate with business users and procurement to ensure timely renewals
- Update and maintain Sales database as appropriate
- Ability to manage multiple systems and administration at once
- Report on your numbers to director level including your clients temperature, pulse and any areas of risk
- 5+ years working in an account management role providing tech solutions to large enterprises
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-group collaboration skills
- Experience mentoring
- Must be able to proactively drive accounts with minimal over sight from director level
- Proven track record of sustaining & growing complex relationships including closing the renewal, up sell / cross sell opportunities
- Has owned & exceeded a Quota
- Incredibly detail oriented, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other CRM tools