Product Marketing Manager
Acquia is transforming the strategies of companies all over the world with our Digital Experience Platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create journeys and experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, customer centric world. Headquartered in Boston with offices around the globe, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is searching for an accomplished, high energy and results-driven Product Marketing Manager. This highly visible role is the face and voice of an Acquia platform product globally, the primary advocate to the market, and the go to resource for sales. We are seeking a product marketing manager who understands B2B Cloud software to create and manage the go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning, and storytelling for a leading Acquia platform product and to build a comprehensive go-to-market, sales enablement, thought leadership, competitive analysis, and social storytelling strategy and content that will deliver breakthrough results. We are a high growth company that recruits only the best talent. We promote a culture that is committed to awesome, embraces innovation, and thrives on teamwork. If you embrace these values as well this is your opportunity to join our winning team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product Marketing, this individual will help lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of product messaging, market positioning, competitive analysis, thought leadership and storytelling content, and sales enablement. In this role, you are the lead evangelist for your product in the form of speaking opportunities, high-profile customer meetings, presenting at corporate conferences and events, media opportunities, and other communications activities. You will work collaboratively with marketing, product management, sales leadership and channels, and the partner team to define strategy and drive go-to-market programs that deliver results.
- Develop product messaging and positioning for a leading Acquia platform product that will create differentiation in a rapidly evolving market, and enable Acquia to lead the industry conversation as the cutting edge digital experience platform space.
- Be a product marketing leader and storyteller: Be able to evangelize how these products have transformed our customers’ businesses with game-changing results with web and social content marketing.
- Manage the global product go-to-market strategy including defining the target persona, industry, customers, and developing sales plays and content for the target audience and buyers journey. Develop competitive analysis reports to support overall GTM.
- Work directly with the VP of Product Marketing, the product marketing team, and the corporate marketing team to help manage and execute an annual and quarterly GTM process and demand generation plans.
- Lead and create sales enablement strategy to train the Acquia sales team on the product vision, messaging, market positioning, product capabilities, competitive and effective solution selling techniques.
- Work closely with the product management team to make sure we continue to deliver high impact products and launches that hit the sweet spots in the market at the right times. You must have an ability to translate product capabilities into features, benefits, and value propositions for customers.
- Support our sales and field teams through direct sales support.
- Work directly with corporate marketing leadership to develop a content for media/PR programs to generate interest in Acquia’s product portfolio. Work with the teams to deliver compelling assets to key stakeholders including sales collateral, white papers, website, e-mail, social, newsletters, blog posts, speaking opportunities, webinars, etc.
- 25% domestic and international travel required.
- 3+ years of experience as a product marketing manager in a B2B software and/or related IT technical environments.
- Product management expertise a plus.
- Successful track record creating product marketing plans, solution collateral, and participating in sales enablement.
- A solid understanding of web content management (CMS) and 1+ years’ experience with products in a SaaS and/or PaaS environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of business and technical skills and be able to speak comfortably to any audience.
- Experience in product marketing for software products.
- An outstanding communicator, presenter and proven public speaker to prospects/customers and internal executives at conferences, tradeshows, webinars, and company meetings.
- A passion for the digital experience platform and CMS market with a track record of developing differentiated messaging and positioning for web software products, comprehensive market research, and collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the product marketing team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller: You’re passionate about evangelizing and sharing product knowledge, engaging with any audience, and discussing core value propositions to both business and technical audiences as needed. You are second to none in writing, presentation and evangelism skills.
- Subject Matter Expert: You are a product, market, and competitive expert - the go to resource for executives and key internal teams including sales, marketing and products for your deep understanding of the product portfolio and advice.
- Data-Driven: You love metrics and numbers, dig deep to obtain and analyze data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.