Principal Software Engineer
Acquia is transforming the strategies of companies all over the world with our Digital Experience Platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create journeys and experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, customer centric world. Headquartered in Boston with offices around the globe, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Future digital experiences are data driven, informed by machine learning, and span many channels including web and mobile, but also physical venues, Virtual Reality, IoT and things we have yet to think of. Acquia has its roots in Web Content Management, but we continue to evolve to meet the ever changing needs of our current and future customers. We provide the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. We need an experienced Software Architect to help us grow into the leading customer experience management platform. Transforming customer journeys isn‘t easy and there are a lot difficult decisions to make along the way.
Acquia is seeking a principal software engineer with broad experience in creating highly scalable and performant, data heavy applications. You will work in a small, agile team, rapidly prototyping ideas but with robust, shippable code. You’re a renaissance person with passion and expertise to help us build a high quality platform and sustain our vision and our customers. You have a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. You are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. You see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development teams. You have experience working with large cloud based deployment and production environments.
- Collaborate across teams to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Create diagrams, sketches, mockups, and other representations for functionality and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Contribute to project code by prototyping new ideas and building portions of the software where necessary
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building highly-performant data heavy applications
- Proven experience as software architect
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- High quality leadership and communication skills
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Deep understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning principles
- Experience with Open Source Software
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.