As marketing software and enterprise IT continue crossing paths, the recent increase in creative agency adoption of Drupal has spurred more opportunities for developer growth within media, entertainment and publishing. The open source Drupal community has also grown into the largest open source community in the world, offering a developer community of more than 950,000 people in 228 countries speaking 181 languages. The Drupal community is expected to hit the 1 million registered members mark by this summer.
A recent survey on the Future of Open Source identified growing trends driving open source adoption; more than 60 percent of survey respondents said they looked to open source to help drive innovation in their organizations. Another bellwether underscoring open source growth may be found in the quarterly earnings shortfalls recently recorded by legacy enterprise software vendors, as CIOs seek to replace systems from Oracle, IBM and other legacy vendors with solutions that innovate faster while providing reduced total cost of ownership.
“Open source software is disruptive for the enterprise software market, and at Acquia, we’re enabling our customers to build disruptive digital businesses in an open source way,” said Dries Buytaert, CTO and co-founder, Acquia.
Acquia adds greater flexibility for digital innovation at the enterprise with its Open SaaS platform for Drupal Gardens, which delivers the disruptive benefits of Drupal’s open source innovation along with the freedom that a Software-as-a-Service platform provides. With Drupal Gardens, organizations like Warner Music Group are rapidly launching hundreds of branded websites – all with advanced features and designs – and managing them centrally through a browser.
- Year-over-year revenue more than doubled in 2012.
- Secured $30 million funding with existing investors and new investors: Investor Growth Capital and Accolade Partners.
- Acquia doubled its employee count in the past 15 months to more than 340 employees globally.
- Acquia recently relocated its European headquarters to Reading, U.K., and late last year opened a tech center in Portland, Oregon. Acquia also established presences in Germany and Sweden in the first quarter of 2013.
Customer and Partner Expansion
- Acquia’s customer base has reached more than 3,800 customers, up from more than 2,000 at the end of 2011. New enterprise customers include Georgetown University, Olympus Corporation of the Americas, Polycom and Sprout.
- Acquia added more than 50 new partners in the first quarter of 2013, bringing the total number of global partners to nearly 650. Systems integrators that recently have joined the Acquia Partner Program include Aquilent, Crown Partners, Capgemini, Cognizant, EPAM Systems, SDG Corporation and Tieto. Acquia has also partnered with several digital agencies, including Digitaria, Emakina, Nurun, Possible, Razorfish Healthware and RoundArch Isobar.
"Leading digital marketing agencies are transforming the way brands communicate and how businesses run through immersive digital experiences," said Dan Khabie, CEO of Digitaria, a WPP company. "Through its open source solutions, Acquia is helping Digitaria drive innovative digital marketing campaigns and build engaging communities to create a strong digital advantage for our clients."
Product & Market Highlights
- Unveiled Acquia Media Drive. Acquia Media Drive provides digital marketers, developer and site owners with a single, centralized, Drupal-integrated SaaS repository for rich media files. With Acquia Media Drive, organizations can manage brand assets more effectively, assist with digital rights compliance, and deliver syndicated content across multiple web channels with ease.
- Released Drupal Commons 3.0 to accelerate the creation of digital communities and social applications. More than 1,500 communities rely on Drupal Commons to develop better relationships with customers to improve satisfaction and engage brand advocates.
- Launched the general availability release of the Mollom Content Moderation Platform, a cloud platform that filters and removes spam from websites.
- Released the source code for Drupal Create, providing developers with a fully functional codebase from which custom mobile apps that communicate with Drupal sites may be built.
- Acquia was named a contender in the 2013 Forrester Wave for Web Content Management for Digital Customer Experience.
Awards & Accolades
Acquia is where great digital experiences begin. Acquia is helping some of the world's leading brands succeed, including Twitter, Mercedes Benz, Warner Music Group, and Stanford University. Join the more than 3,800 organizations that are moving at the speed of the web with Acquia’s solutions for content, community and commerce. Acquia offers developer tools, cloud solutions and global expertise to drive success the open source way.
Dream It. Drupal It. Acquia.
See who’s using Drupal at https://www.drupal.com/showcases, and for more information visit www.acquia.com or call +1 781 238 8600.
# # #
All logos, company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.