DRUPAL CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
The content management system (CMS) has experienced rapid evolution. The first CMS platforms were little more than tools for recreating print brochures online. Second-generation CMS
solutions delivered more powerful functionality with self-service portals for e-commerce, online banking and more. But as these solutions were built on proprietary technology, they have not been able to keep up with the rapidly changing digital landscape and the explosion of new channels, devices and media where enterprises want to engage audiences.
The solution: an open source CMS solution platform that promotes greater agility, adaptability and speed. For organizations seeking the ultimate open source CMS, Acquia has created an open digital experience platform built on the Drupal content management system.
Why an open source CMS is critical to competitiveness
An open source CMS or web content management (WCM) system provides significant advantages over proprietary and legacy systems. An open source platform like Acquia’s Drupal content management system enables enterprises to:
- Engage audiences on more channels and devices: Open source CMS systems can easily adapt to new technologies and business requirements, allowing enterprises to engage different types of customers on a wide range of platforms, channels and devices.
- Integrate CMS technology more easily: While proprietary systems are difficult to integrate with marketing automation platforms and CRM systems, open source technology can be easily modified to create next-generation experiences and greater personalization.
- Adopt a responsive, mobile-first approach to design: Open source CMS technology enables enterprises to migrate to the new mobile-first standard for building websites and other digital experiences.
- Innovate at the pace of change: As the digital landscape evolves, open source systems can adapt right along with it, supported by a vast community of users and developers who are constantly improving and extending the platform.
- Minimize the cost of CMS technology: While legacy systems may cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, open source systems are free of licensing costs.
Acquia: the leading Drupal content management system
Acquia is the open source digital experience company that helps the world’s most ambitious brands to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. Acquia provides an open source WCM based on Drupal that lets you build, operate and optimize best-in-class websites, mobile apps and other digital experiences.
Acquia’s cloud content management solutions include:
- Acquia Cloud, a web hosting platform for building and managing web content and digital experiences of all shapes and sizes.
- Acquia Site Factory, for creating and managing hundreds of sites in one place.
- Acquia Lightning, an open source distribution that enables developers to build better sites faster.
- Acquia Site Studio, a low-code, Drupal add-on that empowers non-developers to build enterprise-grade Drupal sites.
- Acquia Digital Asset Managemer (DAM), a solution for managing digital assets and achieving brand consistency.
- Acquia Commerce, a secure and flexible platform for content-rich commerce.
- Acquia Personalization, a tool to help marketers quickly and easily optimize and personalize customer experiences.
- Acquia Campaign Studio, for easily automating personalized communications across all digital properties and channels.
- Acquia Campaign Factory, a tool for marketing automation management that provides a unified view and total control over all communications across the entire business.
What can you do with Acquia and Drupal?
Key features of Acquia’s solution for a Drupal content management system include:
- Open source solutions: As an open source Drupal content management system, Acquia enables your developers and marketing teams to work on their own terms, rather than at the dictates of a commercial CMS solution provider.
- Decoupled architecture: Providing support for Node.js runtime, Acquia enables your developers to use the tools of their choice to design front-end experiences for a wide range of devices and channels.
- Tools for easy personalization: With point-and-click functionality, Acquia enables your digital teams to personalize digital experiences for the interests and intent of individual visitors.
- Multichannel and multisite support: With Acquia’s content cloud platform, your Drupal content management system can serve content to any device, channel or interface, including phones, tablets, kiosks, smart speakers, other applications and many more.
- Collaboration tools: Acquia provides customizable workflows that enable digital teams to use a common set of tools for building, optimizing and sharing content.
- Rapid deployment: Acquia provides robust out-of-the-box tools for building digital experiences in a Drupal content management system that enables developers and marketers alike to quickly create best-of-breed sites and apps.
Why choose a Drupal content management system with Acquia?
Nobody knows Drupal like Acquia. Our founder is the same open-source pioneer near who created Drupal, and Acquia continues to be the leading contributor to Drupal 8. That means, when it comes to choosing a Drupal content management system, Acquia can deliver solutions that push the envelope in a way no other company can, providing services, contributions, partners, developers and programs that no one else offers. With Acquia, you get a single Drupal content management system with exceptional tools that let your digital teams build and manage the world’s best digital experiences.
FAQs: What is a Drupal content management system?
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a content management system that is widely used to build and manage websites, applications and other digital experiences. The Drupal content management system is used by millions of people and organizations around the world and has helped to create digital experiences for some of the world’s most prominent brands.
What are the benefits of Drupal?
The Drupal content management system makes it easy for both technical and non-technical users to create, edit, approve, schedule and collaborate on content. As an open source platform, Drupal is supported by a worldwide community of users, contributors and developers who are continually helping to improve functionality and extend the platform.