One of our customers' favorite parts of our Engage conference is the Innovation Showcase, where we hear from our CTO and co-founder Dries Buytaert about all of the progress Acquia has made over the past year as well as the grand plans for 2020. With the year of growth and change, Acquia had in 2019, this might just have been the most exciting Innovation Showcase yet. Here are some of the highlights
This year’s showcase was particularly compelling. We launched a new product portfolio as a series of specialized clouds: Acquia Drupal Cloud, Acquia Content Cloud and Acquia Marketing Cloud. Each cloud is composed of a suite of products designed to help customers design, organize and execute solutions tailored to their needs, whether they’re a developer, digital marketer, content creator, IT professional or anyone else involved in shaping the digital ecosystem. Keep reading for a deeper look at the products that make up each of these clouds and how they work together to deliver amazing digital experiences across every channel.
Acquia Drupal Cloud
Drupal Cloud has everything you need to build, design, and run sites and applications. It includes Acquia Drupal Cloud, the most efficient and secure cloud and the best hosting solution for Drupal on the market, recent updates include:
- Platform CDN: When it comes to fast content delivery, a CDN (content delivery network) is often the preferred solution for delivering rich media at scale and offering connected, fast experiences. We announced our new out-of-the-box Platform CDN as a built-in feature that can be enabled on Acquia Cloud and available today at no extra cost. The CDN is optimized for Drupal and early users have already reported significant improvements in performance!
- New Relic Application Performance Monitoring: Acquia is partnering with New Relic, one of the most popular application performance monitoring vendors in the market, to allow customers to see what specific code (Drupal modules, Views, hooks), database queries or external calls may be causing issues with their site performance.
- Acquia Developer Studio: Our new Acquia Developer Studio streamlines the process of building, testing and deploying in Drupal, saving developer time and resources.
- Cohesion, Low-Code Site Building: Our acquisition of Cohesion, the world’s first enterprise-grade, low-code Drupal website builder, allows marketers and content editors to easily create site layouts more quickly at lower costs, accelerating time-to-market and lowering cost of ownership for the entire organization.
Acquia Content Cloud
We also previewed Acquia Content Cloud which provides tools for customers who want to author and publish digital experiences. Updates to content Content Cloud include:
- Content Hub: Our powerful content syndication tool is now available as a standalone offering. Customers can automatically syndicate published content to dozens or even hundreds of sites.
- Acquia Content-as-a-Service (CaaS): This new simplified authoring solution tool acts as a single location for content creation and publishing. We are opening up an Early Access program for a handful of our customers to collect feedback and make improvements as we enter 2020.