Component-based design systems are now considered by designers, developers, product owners and project managers as the most effective way to develop and manage design, especially at scale. Rather than designing page by page, you break a design down into smaller component parts. Individually these can be quite simple, but when combined together they create something more meaningful and useful.
At the heart of component design is the philosophy: Create once, use many.
In this e-book, we show you how a component-based design system can be implemented within Drupal using Acquia Cohesion. Topics covered include:
- What is component-based design?
- The advantages of component-based design
- Component design principles
- Considerations for designing components
- The basic steps to create a simple component in Acquia Cohesion