5 Mistakes to Avoid on Your Drupal Website
What if you could learn from the mistakes that even seasoned Drupal developers have made building websites?
That would be pretty helpful, right?
Acquia’s expert consulting staff has identified five crucial mistakes to avoid, summarized the causes and patterns through numerous audits, and come up with strategies to build the best digital experiences and Drupal websites.
Drupal is one of the most flexible content management systems in existence, and with that flexibility comes even more need for best practices to build and maintain engaging sites.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Architecture: Best practices for structuring content, how to build the display, and how to organize functionality.
- Security: How to avoid specific types of attacks, as well as Drupal best practices that help protect a site.
- Performance: Tools for performance analysis, common approaches to optimizing your site, and caching mistakes to avoid.
- Infrastructure: Best practices for your software stack, including Varnish and Memcached layers.
- Maintenance: How to set up best practices throughout the life of your site, including development, deployment, and maintenance phases.
This ebook assumes that you are familiar with Drupal site building and that you know PHP, Drupal-specific programming, such as hooks, and the MySQL database.