increase in website visitors YoY
increase in RV travel intent among existing RVers
increase in RV dealer searches
Go RVing wanted to update its website to make the content more appealing and relevant to a new generation of millennial travelers.
Millennial perceptions about the RVing lifestyle were outdated and incorrect.
Acquia Cloud Platform
The new “RV Whatever You Want to Be” experience drove impressive results:
- A 34% increase in RV travel intent among existing RVers
- A 16% increase in RV travel intent among leisure travelers
- A 78% increase in website visitors YoY
- A 194% increase in RV dealer searches YoY
The RV Dealers Association of America (RVDAA) provides the Go RVing program, the consumer-facing voice of the RV industry with a mission to inspire potential RVers, spark curiosity and raise awareness about the benefits and accessibility of RVing through rich, authentic and diverse storytelling.
Go RVing, the consumer-facing voice of the RV industry, wanted to update its website to make the content more appealing and relevant to a new generation of millennial travelers who saw RVing as an outdated mode of travel. Especially as the pandemic took hold in the U.S., Go RVing was looking to drive more leads to RV dealers — both for rental and purchase — by showcasing the freedom and flexibility associated with the RVing lifestyle. Go RVing’s primary goals in building a new site were to deliver a fresh look and feel to the site, create a platform that was easier to update from a content author perspective, and be able to regularly tap into actionable insights.
Millennial perceptions about the RVing lifestyle — that it was a “boomer” mode of travel — were outdated and incorrect. Go RVing needed to help this target audience understand the diversity of RVing experiences and how RVing could be an extension of their lifestyles. Additionally, the previous digital experience was difficult for marketers to maintain and create new content.
Go RVing and partner Genuine conducted extensive research — including assessing analytics and SEO, interviewing stakeholders and performing competitive and aspirational research — to inform the strategy. After presenting the initial content strategy and wireframes, the team conducted user testing to ensure that the proposed solutions resonated with target audiences. Ultimately, the group arrived at a concept for the experience called "RV whatever you want to be.” The experience:
- Inspired freedom. It encouraged exploration throughout the site by highlighting unexpected video content from influencers, action sports athletes and adventuring families, as well as blogs and how-tos written by travelers to show the varieties of the RVing experience.
- Enabled flexibility, including launching a new “Find Your RV” quiz and “Compare RV” page that helped visitors learn about RV types and find the best fit for them. The web team also created interactive 3D RV models that allowed people to explore interior and exterior features in an engaging way.
- Highlighted feasibility by adding a new “Fit for Any Budget” landing page that addressed affordability and budget tips and a “Getting Started” section that guided visitors through the process of buying and/or renting an RV.
Genuine and Go RVing built this experience on the Acquia Cloud Platform for the confidence that comes from the stability, security and reliability that is expected from Acquia, as well as the advantage of flexibility, which allowed for an author experience rooted in empathy for Go RVing's day-to-day content authors and marketers.
Since the launch of the Go RVing website, metrics have shown improvement, including:
- A 34% increase in RV travel intent among existing RVers and a 16% increase among leisure travelers, proving that Go RVing could improve RV appeal amongst its target audiences.
- A 78% increase in website visitors YoY, driving strong awareness for the RV industry.
- A 194% increase in dealer searches YoY, the primary KPI for lead generation.