Acquia Dev Desktop
Run and Develop Drupal Sites Locally.
Optionally sync them with Acquia Cloud.
Acquia Dev Desktop is a free app that allows you to run and develop Drupal sites locally on your computer and optionally host them using Acquia Cloud. Use Acquia Dev Desktop to evaluate Drupal, add and test other Drupal modules, and develop sites while on a plane or away from an internet connection.
Once Dev Desktop is installed, its welcome wizard helps you configure a Drupal website on your Mac or Windows computer using either your choice of several popular Drupal distributions, any Drupal distribution you download, or any of your Acquia Cloud sites.
Dev Desktop's Acquia Cloud integration allows you to optionally host any of your local sites using Acquia Cloud or make a local clone of any Acquia Cloud sites you may already have. Once you have connected Dev Desktop to your Acquia Cloud account, you can easily sync any changes made on your local or Acquia Cloud sites, push changes up to the cloud and pull them down to your local version. If you don't have an Acquia Cloud account, you can click to sign up for Acquia Cloud Free.
- Dev Desktop App: The heart of Dev Desktop, the app lets you manage your local or cloud-based sites, including Drupal multisite, and optionally synchronize them with Acquia Cloud. App updates are checked automatically.
- Apache web server: The world's most popular web server
- Percona MySQL database server: The world's most popular database server
- PHP: Multiple versions of the programming language that powers Drupal
- phpMyAdmin: A popular MySQL management and query tool
- XMail Server (Windows only): An email server that allows your site to send email directly (Mac OS X has this functionality built in)
Integrate With Acquia Cloud To:
- Publish local sites to Acquia Cloud (Free, Professional, or Enterprise) for the benefits of the world’s most powerful Drupal platform, including scalable cloud hosting, team development, dev, stage, and prod environments, and Git workflow.
- Clone any of your Acquia Cloud sites, including any Acquia Cloud environment to work on them offline in Dev Desktop. Clone from any of your Acquia Cloud environments (dev, stage, prod, or custom environments).
- Make any code, database, or file changes on Acquia Cloud or on your local machine and synchronize them. Pull or push code, databases, or files between Acquia Cloud and the local site running in Dev Desktop.
- Add modules to your local file system and push code to add those modules to your Acquia Cloud site without ever learning Git. Drop into Git if desired for more complex operations.
- Take advantage of Drupal multisite to maintain one code base that runs multiple sites using different databases and files.