Enrich Customer Experiences With Product Content
- How current product content strategies lack the foundation for success.
- Why process and integration challenges are to blame for lackluster strategies.
- How combining the power of DAM and PIM on the back end can ultimately improve the customer experience on the front end.
As consumers increasingly rely on digital commerce, marketers are under growing pressure to deliver accurate, compelling, and relevant product information. And in the struggle to keep pace with digital business, many fall short in creating high-quality and engaging product content that consumers need.
To better understand the current process and technology challenges that prevent marketers from achieving their product content goals, we commissioned this study from Forrester Consulting. Their survey of 259 digital marketing and e-commerce decision makers — as well as 360 consumers — revealed insights across these areas:
- Current product content strategies lack the foundation for success. While organizations are prioritizing key consumer marketing and content initiatives, their strategies and tools do not position them to support these initiatives effectively. Consequently, both the quality and impact of their product content fall short.
- Process and integration challenges are to blame for lackluster strategies. Unclear strategies, team silos, and poor integration adoption make delivering better product content difficult. Further, nearly 50% of organizations say the two phases that have the greatest content delivery challenges are discover and explore – which are also the phases during which consumers rely on product content the most.
- Consumers pay the price for poor content strategies. Both decision makers and consumers are aware that insufficient product content makes it difficult to create digital experiences that drive conversions. Getting this right is imperative: The majority of consumers say they’d be less likely to purchase – or wouldn’t purchase at all — if content doesn’t align to their intent.
- Combining the power of DAM and PIM on the back end can ultimately improve the customer experience on the front end. A streamlined internal approach to product content creation can help organizations deliver richer product content, resulting in more positive customer experiences and increased sales.
Enriched, engaging brand and product content empowers consumers to make confident purchasing decisions – driving conversions and customer satisfaction and reducing return rates. Download this study to learn more about how the right integrated or combined technology can help you tackle your workflow challenges – and maximize the impact and value of your product content strategy.