in annual savings
increase in revenue YoY
nVent struggled with the costs and complexities of having its brands spread across disparate, proprietary content management and commerce systems.
The company wanted to organize and consolidate a dozen legacy websites onto an enterprise platform, making it more efficient for its team to manage.
Acquia Cloud Platform, Acquia Cloud Edge, Acquia Site Factory, Acquia CMS, Acquia Personalization, Acquia DAM (Widen)
- Saved $1M/year in WebSphere and Adobe licensing fees.
- Achieved a 28.68% increase in revenue year over year.
Known for innovation, quality, and reliability, nVent is a $2.5B global electrical company whose products connect, protect, and consistently deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy, and infrastructure projects.
As a holding company with three core business segments and 10+ established brands, nVent decided to migrate all of its websites to a single, unified Drupal platform after struggling with the costs and complexities associated with having its brands spread across disparate, proprietary content management and commerce systems.
nVent wanted to organize and consolidate a dozen legacy websites onto an enterprise platform, making it more efficient for its team to manage. Its goal was to improve the customer experience when searching for, customizing, and ordering products. And faced with tight deadlines due to costly, expiring licensing and support agreements with legacy platform providers, nVent needed a scalable, reliable, secure solution – quickly.
Under pressure after failed attempts with Sitecore, Adobe, and other professional service vendors, nVent turned to digital product agency Phase2 as a strategic partner to guide it through what’s next in the digital landscape. Phase2 was tasked with establishing a contextually relevant experience based on regionality, language, and interest, while improving product discoverability, driving self-service, and increasing revenue. After developing an understanding of nVent’s primary challenges and company culture, Phase2 prioritized the business goals and timelines. The team evaluated and documented nVent’s existing tech stack and data source – aligning on a user experience, technical architecture, and agile development process that would:
- Decrease time to market, ensuring the teams could meet quickly approaching deadlines
- Build upon the newly established brand guidelines, code base, and product roadmap to enhance and integrate Acquia tools, third-party products, and back office systems, enabling self-service and quote generation:
- Acquia DAM, Search, Site Factory, and Edge, with Acquia Personalization forthcoming
- Informatica 360 PIM to automate product information management
- SAP for product SKU and pricing
- Mectronic product inventory
- TraceParts for custom product configuration and to help automate and generate real-time custom product configuration quotes
- Salesforce CRM and Communities integration
- Focus heavily on providing a great search experience, including:
- Pulling and displaying region-specific product data (descriptions, technical specs, installation videos, product availability) from multiple sources
- Dynamic faceting based on line of business and product application
- Save nVent employees time and effort during the quote process, leading to a reduced time to quote for customers
By implementing a low-code environment, nVent’s non-technical administrators can easily manage and maintain relevant, timely content. And improvements to nVent’s content marketing and deployment efficiency have enabled its team to more quickly launch and promote products.
nVent has turned a struggling digital initiative into a major business driver that enables multiple platform management efficiencies and increased conversions and revenue. By removing barriers and making products more easily discoverable and accessible to customers, it’s now easier for nVent customers to find the specific product information they need to make purchasing decisions. And by automating much of the custom product configuration process and inquiries, nVent sales reps and distributors save a significant amount of time, leading to faster orders and fulfillment.
- nVent saved $1M/year in WebSphere and Adobe licensing fees.
- For the 12 months ending March 31, 2022, the company’s revenue was $2.608B, a 28.68% increase year over year.
- Annual revenue for 2021 was $2.462B, a 23.19% increase from 2020.