ALLDATA wanted to create a global website from multiple, disjointed online offerings.
Inconsistent branding, manual-heavy processes and lackluster customer account management were among ALLDATA’s challenges.
Acquia Cloud Platform
By unifying the customer journey, ALLDATA has experienced increases in orders and order volume and enhanced brand visibility while also enjoying reduced fraud and reduced need for manual intervention.
ALLDATA is an auto industry leader in OEM-accurate mechanical and collision repair information, shop management software and support services. Its platform is used by more than 400,000 technicians in over 115,000 shops worldwide.
ALLDATA had five key objectives for its new website:
- Create a global website, merging five disjointed websites into a single online offering
- Provide a frictionless e-commerce experience
- Create a customer-centric hub for reliable content to encourage inbound traffic
- Utilize updated, scalable architecture to reduce development overhead
- Provide automated site metrics and reporting
ALLDATA's legacy systems required a significant overhaul. Specifically:
- There were site conflicts, with traffic finding the wrong site.
- Branding across sites was not uniform.
- Manual processes required too many steps.
- Insecure websites led to fraudulent orders.
- Customer account management was lacking.
- Sites were built on an outdated CMS and weren’t mobile-friendly.
- All reporting was manual.
- Conversion paths were completely unknown.
Working with technology partner BORN Group, the teams implemented a modern, multifaceted Drupal architecture with multiple connections to third-party services. The content authoring experience was achieved in Drupal with a reusable, component-based design system, and the content migration onto Acquia Cloud from the old CMS made extensive use of BORN's expertise in Drupal and relational databases to minimize human interaction in the upgrade to the component-based system.
Starting with the product catalog powered by Zuora, the BORN team created a complex include/exclude product compatibility logic to serve internal and external customers. External customers are now guided by product compatibility messaging, and internally, the step-heavy, manual processes to correct customer orders have largely been automated. This logic extended into a dynamic e-commerce solution that is customer-facing and guides a customer through checkout, ensuring a seamless customer journey.
ALLDATA has experienced increases in orders and order volume and enhanced brand visibility while also enjoying reduced fraud and reduced need for manual intervention. The site now provides a unified customer journey, and the company is better able to provide international support across Canada, Mexico and Europe