Small State, Big Dreams: How Rhode Island Reimagined & Modernized Their Digital Presence
- State of Rhode Island reduced their maintenance costs due to creating a single platform for their many sites.
- Established a unified “voice of truth” for the state through a common design language while providing authors a cohesive design system and modern tools
- State of Rhode Island can now centrally manage off of their sites from a single dashboard.
Commanding the digital presence of a government entity is a different beast. Any organization in the public sector knows that minor issues in web access, consistency, and content can have far reaching repercussions.
The State of Rhode Island knew this and had to take stock of their web presence. Spread across disparate systems, each independently maintained, serving RI residents' consistent digital experiences was a problem.
Working with Oomph and yours truly, RI reimagined their digital existence and started their metamorphosis. Among lots of things, they could:
- Establish a unified “voice of truth” for the state through a common design language while providing authors a cohesive design system and modern tools
- Enable faster communication to residents across the entire ecosystem
- Create a single platform that centralized technology management and reduced maintenance costs
- Facilitate greater agency autonomy and make public communication more effective, efficient, and frequent
Watch now and we’ll further explore what this process looked like, and how you can mirror RI’s success.