Powerful, pervasive marketing technology enables brands to engage with customers, express stories and offers, and drive actions across channels like never before. But martech adoption also creates integration complexity. This can result in missed opportunities to generate greater results from marketing and customer experience initiatives thanks to disconnected technology (and disconnected data in each system).
Acquia Journey Helps Solve the Martech Integration Challenge
Organizations use many, sometimes dozens of, best-of-breed martech tools to build, manage and deliver experiences and content across sites and apps, plus email, social media, in-store and other channels. The individual systems like WCM, CRM, marketing automation and social media tools are individually powerful. But they’re typically not integrated – they don’t talk with each other – leading to experiences that consist of many individual, disconnected channels of one-off engagement.
Application “silos” cause multiple problems for enterprises:
- Martech applications that work independent of each other aren’t prepared to deliver connected, joined-up customer experiences that are essential to 1:1 personalized customer journeys.
- Disconnected systems make it hard to analyze customer engagement and know how actions on one channel or touchpoint are (or should) influence what happens in other channels.
- Disconnected systems make it hard to centralize and share data across applications to optimize effective, personal engagement. All that data is worth more if it talks to each other – to build a more effective foundation.
Integration of systems and the data they capture is essential to digital transformation and to delivering connected customer experiences that respond to users in the moment, based on their actions, in their context, to make maximum impact.
We’ve entered an omnichannel world where consumers demand and expect personalized experiences, that serves their needs at every step, wherever they are. This leaves brands struggling to stand out and achieve the experience goals they have for their customers. The only way to meet this mandate is by connecting marketing technology applications so they work together to deliver more effective, connected experiences.
Acquia Journey for Martech Integration
Acquia Journey provides the integration capabilities to unite disparate marketing applications and their data. Two key capabilities solve the essential challenges facing organizations that operate best-of-breed marketing stacks:
- Acquia Journey integration hub: API-based, low-code integrations and pre-built connectors (i.e. to databases, web services, email systems, CRMs, social media tools) that connect each of the applications across the marketing stack to Journey.
Some example systems with which Journey has pre-built connectors include: Acquia Lift for personalization, Salesforce, Full Contact, Facebook and Twitter listeners, REST and SOAP API connectors, database connectors, message queues and more.
- Acquia Journey profile manager: Ability to aggregate and create a virtual 360-degree customer profile by tapping into and unifying data from existing martech applications - resulting in a broad, actionable and enriched customer profile.
Acquia Journey delivers greater capabilities than traditional application middleware, which can be highly technical, complex, costly, and time-consuming to utilize – and which commonly lacks a front end that puts some capabilities into the hands of marketers. Specialized, one-off customer integration projects are costly, take specialized internal or external skill, and result in long-term maintenance issues to the brand. Journey enables users to create or amend the connection points between their marketing stack, and take action on those integrations in the right tool at the right time.
In addition to integrating and centralizing disparate marketing technology systems, Journey can:
- Ensure data integrity across martech stack by enabling customer data to be shared across systems and be accessible to every martech system and touchpoint.
- Unify disparate customer data into centralized, rich customer profiles that provide actionable insight and the ability to optimize experiences for marketing and customer experience (CX) teams.
- Reduce long-term costs to create, maintain and add integrations as organizations bring on new marketing technology applications.
- Set the foundation for omnichannel transformation, moving from multichannel marketing and CX into always-on, real-time marketing and CX optimization.
- Help you realize faster ROI and new value creation from existing marketing technology systems.
Integration is Foundational to Customer Journey Orchestration
Adopting Acquia Journey as an integration hub is a powerful foundation for organizations that want to transform to deliver omnichannel experiences and real-time customer journeys. With Acquia Journey, organizations can start with integration of their systems, move on to data collection to create unified customer profiles, and progress to omnichannel experience orchestration.
David AponovichSr. Director, Product Marketing Acquia, Inc.
David Aponovich is senior director of product marketing at Acquia, where he helps articulate the benefits of Acquia solutions including Acquia Journey, the company’s customer journey orchestration solution, and trends in digital experience.
Prior to joining Acquia, he was a senior analyst at Forrester Research, where he researched web content management and digital experience technology and consulted to Forrester’s global clients on their digital transformation initiatives. He also spent six years as web content management strategy consultant at agency Connective DX, and previously was marketing director at a WCM software vendor.