Acquia Labs: The Future of Technology and Open-source Innovation
Innovation labs are rapidly becoming one of the most prevalent phenomena in tech companies. Labs are exceedingly important for companies because they allow elite teams of engineers to think outside the box and test new solutions to the current landscape, without being obligated to follow strict roadmaps.
This type of developmental freedom is crucial for supporting those technologies, like conversational interfaces, chatbots, beacon technology, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning, all of which are rapidly taking over the digital landscape we live and work in today.
But, bear in mind, labs have to remain attentive to the requirements of the larger organization’s customers. In this webinar, our own Development Manager of Acquia Labs, Preston So, will describe how his team is forging a unique model of innovation that bridges the gap between the needs of Acquia customers, and the new products that Acquia provides. He will identify:
- How traditional Labs programs have operated to identify and tackle new challenges
- Why the traditional innovation model is detrimental for innovation that works for customers, but advantageous for freedom from the organization and KPIs
- The Acquia Labs Model: Co-funded projects that are free to explore while hewing to customer requirements
- Innovation case study: Georgia.gov Amazon Echo project
- The community as a customer: Where open-source innovation fits into the Labs picture