Acquia Charges into 2014 with Record Quarterly Bookings
BURLINGTON, Mass. – May 12, 2014 – Acquia started 2014 strong, achieving its 20th consecutive quarter of revenue growth in Q1. The company’s bookings increased 55 percent from the first quarter of 2013. With its tremendous growth, Acquia is cementing its status as the digital business optimization leader, helping Global 2000 companies achieve success in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Organizations continue to rely on Acquia as a strategic partner to drive everything from massive digital entertainment events to commerce sites that increase conversions and revenue.
“Global enterprises understand the transformative nature of being a digital-first business. With Acquia as a strategic technology partner, our customers are experiencing a dramatic impact to their businesses. They’re generating significant savings as they deliver vastly improved customer service. They’re better engaging citizens. They’re transforming static commerce sites into content-rich shopping experiences,” said Tom Erickson, Acquia CEO. “Acquia is pioneering an age of digital business innovation, partnering with organizations to help them compete at the top of their game and reach audiences at global scale.”
Acquia’s fast growth is fueled by the launch of products and services that use digital experiences to drive measurable business impact for customers. This past quarter, Acquia launched Acquia Lift, which delivers personalized content to each site visitor. Relevancy drives results, and now digital marketers can engage once-casual visitors in a conversation, ultimately delivering increased revenue.
“People come to our site looking for technical information about our network control solutions. With content personalization, we are looking to bring precisely the content that our visitors need forward for a more engaging and relevant experience,” said Justin Mounts, senior director, brand and content marketing at Infoblox. “We selected Acquia Lift because it’s made for Drupal, and its testing and targeting features fit well with our future digital strategies.”
"An immersive digital experience can convert site visitors into long-term loyal customers by guiding them on a journey through relevant content and connection points. We're partnering with Acquia to continue driving innovation in our clients' digital engagement strategies," said Guibert Englebienne, CTO and co-founder of Globant, which focuses on delivering innovative software solutions for top-notch companies. Globant, one of South America’s most innovative companies according to Fast Company, relies on Drupal for many of its Fortune 500 clients, helping them deliver digital experiences that seamlessly bring together technology, IT trends, commerce, digital marketing, content, and multimedia apps.
Agility and speed are essential in business, and today it’s not unusual for global organizations to launch hundreds of microcampaigns to support their digital marketing objectives. Acquia Cloud Site Factory offers a powerful competitive advantage in launching large numbers of campaigns and custom sites rapidly and at a lower cost of ownership. Organizations like Burson-Marsteller, the Peace Corps, and Harvard Medical School are among the latest organizations to rely on Acquia Cloud Site Factory.
Helping organizations succeed with Drupal requires that organizations have confidence in the quality of their development resources. That’s why Acquia launched a brand new Certification Program to assess team skills easily and to support continued mastery of Acquia’s solutions. Acquia also added five new on-demand courses to its Learning Services, giving organizations more flexibility to build training sessions customized to their needs.
Here’s a look at additional highlights from the quarter:
- Dries Buytaert and Tom Erickson, Acquia’s “Hacker and Hustler,” filled an auditorium at SXSW with their talk on Coding a Great Company.
- Acquia made Inc magazine’s Build 100, identifying the company as a sustained-growth champion.
- Acquia’s global customer support team snagged one of the top awards in the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service(SM).
- Acquia scored a Revvie Award at the 2014 Marketo Marketing Nation Summit for its innovative marketing programs and processes that are helping drive company growth.
Customer and Partner Expansion
- Among the new customers Acquia signed in Q1 2014 are Benefitfocus, Brisbane City Council, Carnegie Mellon University, Clark Construction Group, the Council on Foundations, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc., HCL Technologies, the Screen Actors Guild (SAG-AFTRA), National School Boards Association, NComputing, Inc., and the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- Acquia brought on 85 new partners in Q1 2014, bringing the total number of global partners to more than 900. Additions to Acquia’s Partner Program include Blast Radius, Geary Interactive, Globant, Mphasis, Possible, and TWT Interactive Group.
Acquia is where great digital experiences begin. Acquia is helping some of the world's leading brands succeed, including Twitter, Mercedes Benz, Warner Music Group, and Stanford University. Join the more than 4,000 organizations that are moving at the speed of the web with Acquia's solutions for content, community and commerce. Acquia offers developer tools, cloud solutions and global expertise to drive success the open source way.
Dream It. Drupal It. Acquia.
# # #
All logos, company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.