Acquia Continues to Grow as Brands Focus on Digital Experience
BURLINGTON, Mass. – February 23, 2015 – Acquia, the digital experience company, today announced demand for the Acquia Platform has propelled the company past US$100 million in revenue for 2014, marking Acquia’s biggest year. Acquia’s year-over-year revenue grew by 46 percent in 2014, and the company was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ list of fastest growing companies for the second consecutive year.
“As more phases of the customer life cycle pivot to a digital medium, the urgency to manage digital holistically increases. This has resulted in technology teams transitioning from an operational, IT-centric view to a business technology agenda,” stated the December 2014 Forrester Research, Inc. report ‘Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms.’ The report continues, “Digital experience delivery architecture should provide a core delivery backbone and maximum flexibility to pull data from multiple sources and publish it across digital touchpoints.”
The Acquia Platform supports the everchanging and increasingly complex requirements for digital experience delivery, providing an open platform to unify content, community and commerce. Global brands that are adopting the Acquia Platform gain the agility to bring together the best applications that will lead to deeper, more personal and relevant connections with customers.
“The imperative to be digital first aligns the priorities for global brands to focus on delivering exceptional digital experiences, and that mindshift is driving demand for the Acquia Platform,” said Tom Erickson, Acquia CEO.
Intuit and Princess Cruise Lines were among the Global 2000 brands to adopt the Acquia Platform in Q4 2014. Agari, the leader in next generation cyber security, is also moving to the Acquia Platform to gain greater agility for delivering digital experiences. The company provides global brands with the experience, tools, and analytics they need to eliminate email threats, protect customers and their personal data, and proactively guard brand reputation, and engaging customers and prospects in security best practices is paramount to its growth.
“Agari’s data-driven security solutions power real-time cyberthreat detection and prevention, so that people are protected from targeted attacks,” said Kevin Cochrane, chief marketing officer at Agari. “Key to our mission to rid the world of cyberattacks is the need to communicate with our customers across every channel in a personal way. Acquia’s open platform gives us the freedom to deliver more relevant and engaging digital experiences, at a faster pace than ever before.”
Additional customers adopting the Acquia Platform in the fourth quarter include the American Institute of Architects, Aruba Tourism Authority, Bush Brothers & Company, Clarion Events, Feld Entertainment, Outside Magazine, Oxfam International, Trinity Broadcasting Network, and Varnish Software.
Q4 2014 Company Highlights
- Acquia hosted its first-ever customer conference. Hosted in Boston, Acquia Engage drew more than 500 people and featured customer panels and presentations from leaders in digital marketing, commerce, and IT.
- The Weather Channel standardized on the Acquia Platform for weather.com. The Weather Channel provides millions of people every day with the world's best weather forecasts, content, and data.
- A commissioned independent study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Acquia assessed the financial impact of Acquia Cloud Site Factory -- Acquia’s solution for delivering multiple sites. In three years, Forrester found, a composite organization based on the four Site Factory customers interviewed will achieve nearly a 950 percent return on their investment in the technology.
- Acquia grew its workforce in 2014, growing from 400 to more than 575 employees worldwide.
- Acquia added 75 new partners in Q4 2014, including Celerity, SMITH, MRM//McCann (part of IPG) and Rosetta. The Acquia Partner Program includes more than 800 active organizations worldwide, offering an extensive network to help customers with their digital strategies, designs and development.
Acquia is the digital experience company. Empire Life, Warner Music Group and Stanford University are among the more than 4,000 organizations that are transforming their digital businesses with Acquia’s open cloud platform. Global 2000 enterprises, government agencies and NGOs rely on Acquia to create new revenue streams, lower costs, and engage audiences more deeply through content, community, commerce and context.
For more information visit www.acquia.com or call +1 781 238 8600.
# # #
All logos, company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.