Acquia Achieves “Official: Sensitive” Classification Following Australian Infosec Registered Assessors Program (IRAP) Assessment
SYDNEY—November 15, 2021—Digital experience company Acquia today announced that it has successfully completed an Infosec Registered Assessors Program (IRAP) assessment, confirming that Acquia Drupal Cloud has achieved the Australian government security status of “Official: Sensitive” on selected deployments. The IRAP assessment, which was conducted by a certified third-party, ensures cloud services are secured with automated and comprehensive security controls for authorised use by the Australian government.
Based on open source Drupal, Drupal Cloud allows organizations to quickly and securely assemble and deploy digital experiences such as websites, portals, microsites and mobile apps. Australian government agencies can now deploy the version of Drupal Cloud which best matches their requirements to leverage scalability, elasticity and data sharing for near-instant, secure and governed access to their entire network of data.
Steven Hayes, Acquia’s General Manager, Asia Pacific and Japan, said the completion of the IRAP assessment enables Acquia to work closely with all Australian government agencies on their website implementations and hosting, while ensuring even greater security. “Meeting IRAP compliance at the ‘Official: Sensitive’ level signifies Acquia’s continued investment in our security posture, as well as the region and public sector,” says Hayes. “We look forward to working with Australian government departments and assisting them with their Drupal Cloud requirements.”
Australian government agencies can now purchase Drupal Cloud via the AWS Marketplace. This provides substantial savings for agencies already using AWS to reduce paperwork and streamline the RFP process. Any purchase of Drupal Cloud via AWS Marketplace will apply toward each agency’s cloud usage benefits.
Acquia is a founding member of the Drupal Steward Program, a web application firewall introduced by the Drupal Association and operated with the Drupal Security team. Acquia has implemented Drupal Steward protection across the entire Drupal Cloud platform. This provides seamless, immediate protection to customers by blocking malicious requests, giving their IT teams time to test and implement security updates on their own timelines.
Globally, Acquia’s solutions and cloud platform technology in recent years have also achieved the following security levels: FedRAMP, ISO27001, SERVICE ORGANIZATION CONTROL (SOC 2) TYPE II, Federal Education Records Privacy Act (FERPA), HIPAA and PCI-DSS, and now IRAP accreditation.
- 2021 GartnerⓇ Magic QuadrantTM for Digital Experience Platforms
- 2021 Forrester Agile CMS Wave
- IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Content Management Systems for Persuasive Digital Experiences 2021 Vendor Assessment
- Deliver a Modern Digital CX: A Guide for Marketing Innovators (Australia edition)
- Acquia CMS for the Australian Government
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions and help businesses stand out. Learn more at https://www.acquia.com.
1. Source: Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Digital Experience Platforms,” Irina Guseva, Mick MacComascaigh, Mike Lowndes, [January 27, 2021]. GARTNER and MAGIC QUADRANT are registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
2. Source: “The Forrester Wave: Agile Content Management Systems (CMSes), Q1 2021,” Nick Barber [February 22, 2021]
3. Source: September 2021 - IDC MarketScape - Doc # US4741282