Acquia Achieves Record Growth as Momentum in the Global 2000 Grows [August 19, 2014]
Adoption by Big Brands Fuels Acquia’s Biggest Quarter Ever
BURLINGTON, MA – August 19, 2014 -- Record adoption of its digital experience platform by Global 2000 brands led Acquia to its 21st consecutive quarter of revenue growth in the second quarter of 2014. The company’s bookings increased 65 percent year-over-year from Q2 2013 as more global brands, government agencies and NGOs turn to Acquia for an open cloud platform to deliver digital experiences that truly unify content, community and commerce.
“Acquia helps transform enterprises for a digital world, where it’s critical to listen to customers and adjust strategy in real-time. We’re setting the new pace of doing business,” said Dries Buytaert, co-founder and CTO of Acquia, and the founder and project lead for Drupal. “The digitalization of the enterprise is driving Acquia’s growth, what Gartner calls the ‘third era of enterprise IT’ where innovation matters more than anything else. Global 2000 brands rely on Acquia to be nimble and competitive, providing an advantage that forward-looking brands can only gain through open source.”
Acquia is working with many Global 2000 brands, helping them gain agility, resiliency, and connectedness to their existing enterprise applications. Among them:
- A major pro sports league is creating amazing fan experiences for its franchises. Acquia’s SaaS platform provides greater agility for each team to deliver real-time news and promotions so fans become a part of the action.
- A North American digital media company relies on Acquia for flawless performance to serve millions of visitors each day, particularly during breaking news and major national events. With an increased focus on application quality, Acquia’s open cloud platform provides the media company with a continuous delivery solution for Drupal.
- A global sportswear manufacturer unified content and commerce to bring the brand’s spirit to life in a unified digital shopping experience. Because the manufacturer’s site is built on Drupal, it’s easily connected to the brand’s existing commerce engine and other critical enterprise apps.
Acquia and Drupal power digital publishing innovation for American Media, Inc. The media publisher standardized on Acquia for its leading celebrity and health & fitness digital brands, including Muscle & Fitness, Shape, and National Enquirer. American Media's digital properties reach more than 31 million unique visitors every month. Its Drupal-based sites connect advertising, analytics, multimedia and content delivery systems, helping American Media increase conversions as it grows its digital readership.
"We're hyper-aware of the need for innovation and agility, particularly for delivering digital experiences to our readers as fast as possible," said Jason Trobman, director of development for American Media, Inc. "With Acquia Cloud, our deployments take only a fraction of the time, helping us bring new content and features to market continuously."
“The growth of Drupal in the Global 2000, and the convergence of content, community, and commerce continues to fuel Acquia’s rapid growth,” said Tom Erickson, Acquia CEO. “A major driver for Acquia’s future growth will be the delivery of more contextually relevant experiences, driven by better website personalization and commerce. In Q2, Acquia acquired TruCentric to accelerate this vision, providing deep, real-time insight into visitor behavior for more effective website personalization and commerce. Acquia’s new SaaS offerings help brands realize the power of contextually relevant, integrated digital experiences.”
Q2 2014 Product Highlights
- Acquia acquired Toronto-based TruCentric, adding powerful big data marketing and website contextualization technology to its suite of digital experience tools.
- Acquia launched Campaign Cloud, a new Campaigns-as-a-Service solution that enables agencies to launch digital marketing campaigns faster than ever before at substantially lower cost than proprietary, one-off alternatives.
- Acquia secured a $50 million financing round, adding new investor New Enterprise Associates to its current roster of investors and bringing the total funding raised to $118.6 million.
- Registration opened for Acquia’s inaugural customer conference, Acquia Engage, which will gather executives who will share their strategies for winning in today’s digital economy. Acquia Engage will be November 3-5, 2014, in Boston.
- The English Tourism Council’s VisitEngland site won Acquia’s Partner Site of the Year Award at DrupalCon Austin 2014 for its creative digital strategy and dynamic user experience.
- Acquia increased the strength of its executive team, adding software industry veterans Bill Sorenson as CFO and Michael Cayer as general counsel, respectively.
Customer and Partner Expansion
New customers Acquia signed in Q2 2014 span a variety of industries, including financial services, higher education, and high tech. New customers include American Express, Principal Financial Group, Visit California, VentureBeat, Inc., the Empire State Building, Birmingham City Council, NIH - National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Department of Human Services Victoria (Australia), Union College and University of Wisconsin.
Acquia brought on 87 new partners in Q2 2014, bringing the total number of global partners to more than 1,200. Additions to Acquia’s Partner Program include Cognizant Technology Solutions, New Media Denver, Clearhead, Gorilla Group, Heath Wallace, Merkle, Ci&T, and Resource Interactive.
Acquia is the digital business company. Pinterest, Mercedes Benz, Warner Music Group, and Stanford University are among the more than 4,000 organizations that are transforming their digital businesses with Acquia. Global 2000 enterprises, government agencies and NGOs rely on Acquia to create new revenue streams, lower costs, and engage audiences more deeply through content, community, commerce and context.
For more information visit www.acquia.com or call +1 781 238 8600.
# # #
All logos, company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.