BOSTON – November 19, 2015 – Today Acquia joins with the Drupal Association and a worldwide community of developers, businesses, and organizations in celebrating the general availability of Drupal 8, the new version of the world’s most widely adopted, enterprise open source digital experience platform. Introducing hundreds of new breakthrough capabilities, Drupal 8 makes digital experiences extraordinary across all channels of customer interaction to deliver transformative business results.
In a fast-changing, mobile-first era, organizations need to innovate at the speed of customer demand. New channels and new devices compound the complexity faced by builders of digital experiences.
Drupal 8 establishes the new standard for digital experience delivery with an object-oriented, API-based architecture that will enable organizations to deliver content to the right person at the right time on the right device today.
“Drupal 8 answers the call for a flexible digital platform built for the future,” said Dries Buytaert, creator and project lead of Drupal and Acquia co-founder and CTO. “It provides a modern development framework, a reimagined user experience, and tools that empower builders to create digital experiences that are multilingual, mobile and highly personalized. It brings together contributions from more than 3,000 users and developers to deliver the most important advances in digital experience delivery the market will see this decade.”
Drupal 8 brings many new capabilities for a new era of personalized, multichannel digital experiences. Among these are:
- Mobile-first: Allows content authors to publish content on any device. The entire Drupal 8 user interface has been made responsive.
- Multichannel, Dynamic Content Delivery: Delivers content “as a service” to any site, device, native application, or emerging channel with RESTful APIs.
- Front-end Flexibility: Embraces client-side frameworks like Ember.js, Angular, and Backbone so front-end developers can get creative with experience delivery.
- Enhanced Usability: Offers a reimagined, easier-to-use authoring experience, with a new editor tool and streamlined in-line, in-context authoring.
- Translation and Globalization: Designed to support global digital strategies, Drupal 8 transforms content management localization.
- Faster Development: Introduces an object-oriented web development framework and includes built-in Symfony components, staged configuration management, and improved unit testing support.
- Faster Dynamic Content: Accelerates content delivery with dynamic caching for personalized, data-driven user experiences.
- Integration into the Digital Experience Stack: Drupal 8’s core architecture plus the Drupal module ecosystem and the ability to integrate with best-of-breed digital marketing tools make it easy to build diverse digital marketing and digital experience solutions.