Drupal 8 Deep Dive: Plugin System
Drupal 8 has introduced a number of new (to Drupalists) technologies, but embedded in this mix are a handful of Drupal-centric innovations. Amongst the first of these to be introduced to Drupal 8 was the Plugin system. The Plugin system is a far reaching PHP Component that has largely replaced the old hook_info/alter pattern within Drupal and can be used outside of Drupal as well.
In this webinar, Kris Vanderwater (You may know him as EclipseGc) will review:
- Examples of what appropriate plugin system usages look like
- What plugin tools exist and how to leverage them
- Where to get information on building your own plugin types
- How to use the existing helper classes in Drupal for the greatest impact
- How Drupal 7 vs Drupal 8 works for plugin converted subsystems to frame the discussion around when and why to build a conversion
In addition to this we will dig into the tools and classes Drupal provides out of the box, and dissect a simple example plugin type that you can use to build your own plugins types and better understand the plugin system.