Drupal 8’s Multilingual APIs: Building for the Entire World
Drupal 8 is a great platform to work with not only because it is so multilingual capable out-of-the-box, but also because you can easily expand while maintaining the translatability of your data. Drupal 8’s multilingual core offers a robust multilingual foundation, making the integration process much more seamless.
The majority of Drupal 8's APIs are designed to support multilingual by default and make sane assumptions about common scenarios. As a result, there are several important things to keep in mind to build the best integration possible.
In this session, we will walk through:
- Working with language APIs, and the language your data is in.
- Making your output strings translatable: t() and its friends, but also in twig templates
- Why you should and how to code translatable content entities.
- Customizing your field properties translatability so site builders can choose.
- Configuration translation: translating your configuration entities