MIT Enterprise Forum
Acquia CEO Jay Batson is speaking on an MIT Enterprise Forum Panel, Open Source - When it is a Viable Strategy.
What are the advantages of open source as a business strategy? Will it help you with product development and, if so, how do you get buy-in from the developer community? Can you use it to open the door for selling services and ancillary products. Where does open source fit in your sustainable business model and will your investors continue to buy in?
Join us for an "open" discussion with panelists who have made it using the open source model. Learn:
- Why they adopted an open source strategy (and would they do it again!)?
- What was their pricing and go-to-market plan?
- Where did they land in the "delta" model?
- How did they plan for ecosystem development?
- What was their exit strategy?
Neill S. Occhiogrosso, Principal, Highland Capital Partners
Gerd Weishaar, PhD, MIT Sloan MBA, Open Source Strategy, IBM