One of the largest and most prestigious retail conglomerates in Latin America, Cencosud has active operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, and Colombia. The company’s operations are spread across different lines of business, such as supermarkets, home improvement, department stores, shopping centers, and financial services.
Wanting a more efficient and effective way to manage all of their shopping center communications campaigns, Cencosud execs wanted to take internal control of their digital channels, gaining the liberty to create and deploy communications with internal marketing teams. And like many companies, they wanted to do so in a way that allowed marketing stakeholders the freedom to own campaigns from development to execution without the need to depend on the IT department or agency suppliers to make it happen.
Cencosud faced many challenges. It wanted to be able to quickly respond to marketing needs and get to market faster with personalization and omnichannel integration capabilities. It also needed the ability to innovate and orchestrate marketing actions over several digital channels, including web, mobile, tablets, and kiosks. And it wanted a platform that gave it a lot of bang for its buck, getting a ton of capabilities for its investment.
Cencosud tapped Realmedia to lead the charge, and together the teams selected Drupal and Acquia, in part due to its standardized multisite code, as the company needed to administer more than 20 digital products including responsive websites, mobile sites, and shopping center kiosk directories. Now, all properties can be operated by several contributors within a single console.
Cencosud has realized many impressive results, including:
- Time for creating a new site has dropped from 3 months to <1 month
- Content management tasks that previously took 7 days now take 1 day
- Time to publish has dropped from 4 days to minutes
- Site Traffic for Costanera Center: +300%
- Site traffic for Alto Las Condes Center: +800%
- Site traffic for all published sites: +180%
- Average number of pages per visit: +40%, from 2.46 to 3.45
- Cinema tickets sold: +13% in a month
- Onsite directory use: +80%
- Organic search: +82%