REI Shares Lessons Learned Helping Build Obama’s OpenGov Vision [January 31, 2013]
Want to learn more about Acquia’s products, services, and happenings in the Drupal Community? Visit our site: http://bit.ly/yLaHO5.
REI has delivered some of the centerpiece websites of President Obama’s government transparency initiative, including USASpending.gov, ITDashboard.gov, Data.gov, and Performance.gov.
Partnering with the U.S. General Services Administration and the Office of Management and Budget, REI has contributed platforms such as IT Dashboard and Open Government Platform (OGPL) to the open source community. These platforms have enabled improved governance, transparency, and citizen engagement at federal, state and local government levels. These platforms also have been adopted in developed and developing countries, including India, Rwanda, and Ghana.
Amit Yadav, REI’s Open Government program manager, will provide a comprehensive look at OGPL and the impact it is having on governance in the U.S. and around the world. In this webinar, you will learn about:
• Open Government success stories, including the U.S. and India
• Extensibility of the OGPL model to state and city government
• OGPL’s impact on government transparency and citizen engagement
• Role of Drupal in evolution of OGPL
• Future roadmap of OGPL: Drupal 7 migration, CKAN integration, etc.
• Opportunities for innovation through contributions