TYPO3 to OpenPublish migration
- Migration from TYPO3 to OpenPublish (Drupal)
- Migrated over 60,000 news stories; and over 12000 photos to a Drupal database
- Multilingual website - available in Greenlandic, Danish and English
- Videos being served from Kaltura
- Advanced Search features using the Apache Solr search engine
Our client, Greenlandic Broadcasting Corporation (KNR), is the official TV and Radio Broadcasting agency of Greenland. Their website www.knr.gl was originally in TYPO3 (now available at: http://typo3.knr.codespry.com/).Having closely worked with both TYPO3 and Drupal, we recommended the client to move to OpenPublish (Drupal). Nearly 60,000 news stories and 12000 photographs had to be migrated from tt_news and smooth_gallery extensions of TYPO3. Migration was done incrementally while the site was being built to ensure an immediate switch over from the live TYPO3 website to the Drupal one.The wireframes and concepts for the new website were also done by Srijan with the help of our excellent design and strategy partnerships.The detailed case study is available at: http://www.srijan.in/blog/typo3-drupal-migration-knr-case-study.