The RET (Refugee Education Trust) foundation
The RET (Refugee Education Trust) foundation was using a proprietary CMS (Content Management System) that was configured in a way disallowing independant content modification. They had to call an external company every time they wanted to update a page or add an image in the gallery.
The foundation had already worked with Linalis for computer support. As they were satisfied with our services, they decided to choose us for migrating their website.
- Be able to edit content without having to contact an external company.
- Keep the same graphic design
- Add Flash videos hosted on the server as well as an image gallery
- Add multilanguage capabilities for translating the content in Spanish
Role of Linalis:
- Using Drupal allowed us to migrate quickly the old website to a modern system
- Copy of the existing graphic design, adapting it to today's standards (XHTML 1.0 Strict with new CSS stylesheets)
- Basic adaptation for a better usability (menus)
- Implementation and configuration of internationalisation modules to allow editors to translate pages in Spanish
The customer now possesses a powerful tool for editing its pages in several languages with a simple and intuitive interface.
For the visitor, there are only minor differences with the old site, excepted that it now complies with ergonomics and accessibility norms and that some graphic elements are improved, such as photographs and image galleries.