White Bird Dance
It's been my great pleasure to work with the team at White Bird Dance over the last several years on their website. Not only have they been a great client and warm friends, but I have been exposed to the wonderful world of modern dance and am certainly better off, and more cultured, because of it!
When we set out to udpate the site for the 2008-09 season, I felt it was time for a change from their existing DotNetNuke based site and White Bird agreed. The new site, based on the Drupal, makes for a more elegant, flexible, and feature rich site. Some of the improvements:
- Search engine optimized pages and URLs
- Lightweight, standards compliant markup
- Structured content so that performances can have fields such as videos, images galleries, companies, etc.
- A flexible calendar allowing us to publish event information in multiple formats, incuding RSS and iCal
- Image galleries and embedded videos
- Threaded discussions about individual performances
- A scalable platform to handle the increased traffic that we're sure is to come
- The ability to leverage the thousands of community contributed Drupal modules. We are already benefiting from webform, date, mediafield, cck, views, and several others.
- Built in search engine