Since making the decision to work with Drupal as our primary CMS platform (in around 2006), we have developed from the ground up, or inherited primary development responsibilities for over 30 custom Drupal sites and systems. Our primary business model is to provide direct programming and production support for agencies and end-clients. While we typically start work in earnest at the point of “production-ready”, that is, following sign-off on information architecture and design, we also often support firms in technical due diligence, early requirements gathering, technical documentation as it relates to the eventual Drupal development and theming. Firms that we’ve supported range from the global advertising and interactive agencies such as EuroRSCG, DraftFCB, to mid-size agencies like Kellihers Samets Volk (KSV), White Rhino, Stoltze Design, TSM Design, and Bidwell ID. Some noteable Drupal-based sites that our team has produced include:
* http://arn.com/ (for EuroRSCG)
* http://www.arnoldklp.com/ (demonstrating multi-site).
* http://ovx.org/ (for KSV and State of Vermont)
* http://www.howifightms.com/ (for Cramer Interactive)
* http://www.evc.org/ (for RockPaperPixel)
We are currently in early Drupal development on the main Harvard Medical School portal (http://hms.harvard.edu/hms/home.asp) in support of Burlington, MA based White Rhino.
Our technically-adept and experienced Drupal development team includes 4 project managers, 4 full time developers, and an extended distributed team of developer resources that provide full developer redundancy for all of our projects and maintenance support plans. All of our lead developers have formal information technologies educations, and many have contributed to key Drupal contributed modules and core.
As a practice, we adhere to rigorous development best practices in terms of requiring:
* use of source control on all projects (generally SVN and GIT)
* use of command line interface for development efficiency, ease of batch processing, and server admin.
* detailed and meaningful source control commit logs
* detailed and meaningful in-line commenting
* development of clear, technically sound documentation as part of all phase deliverables
* deep familiarity with all tiers of the Drupal application stack, from database modeling, to server-side functional programming and Drupal API and Drupal hooking models,depth-of-knowledge and experience with primary Drupal module tool-sets, and experience in vetting, due diligence,and module conflict resolution working with lesser known contributed modules.
* superb facility working with Drupal primary architecture tools including advance and custom content types, views, blocks, panels, mini-panels.
* third-party integration methodologies such as API, SOAP, REST web service calls, multi-site and multi-domain management working with Domain Access + Domain Alias modules,
* advanced DNS management, SSL and server admin,
* advanced payment gateway development and integration, e.g. using Ubercart but also custom gateway integration and business logic development,
* depth of knowledge on Drupal theming and front-end coding,
* AJAX asynchronous methods,
* pixel-level precision in design conversion,
* web-standards compliance,
* mobile sites development utilizing Drupal's mobile plugins
* accessibility compliance.