NIST could move to Drupal [Aug 16, 2012]
Officials at the National Institute of Standards and Technology could soon be saying goodbye to the agency's proprietary content management system as they consider migrating NIST's external website to an open source solution.
According to a solicitation notice first posted Aug. 3 on the Federal Business Opportunities website, NIST officials have launched a Drupal Web Content Management (WCM) Pilot project to get the necessary expertise and to zero in on requirements needed to move the NIST external website to a cloud-based Drupal web content management system.
Some of the major goals of the pilot include:
• Define NIST functional and technical requirements for WCM.
• Identify security requirements needed for migrating to a Drupal cloud solution.
• Determine if Drupal will satisfy NIST web development needs.
• Assess cost, time lines and business case information necessary for migration.
• Pinpoint the challenges in moving to a Drupal cloud solution.