Acquia Certification – Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm currently taking an exam and having trouble - what do I do?
- How are the Acquia Certification exams conducted?
- How do I register for an exam?
- Is there a Test Center near me?
- How do I get a Certificate and a Badge?
- Important notes for Online Proctored Exam Test Takers:
- How can I study for the exams?
- What is the retake policy?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What is the rescheduling policy?
- What happens if I miss my scheduled exam?
- What is the Acquia Certification Registry?
- Why is my name missing from the Certification Registry?
- Can I buy bulk vouchers for my organization or team?
- How do I get more information or get in touch with the Acquia Certification team?
If you’re currently taking an exam online and you’re running into trouble during setup, launch, or during your exam, you need to contact Kryterion Support, not Acquia. Kryterion Support can help you get your test back up and running. Visit the Kryterion Support Page for troubleshooting tips.
If you need further support, use one of the following methods – Available Sunday 6 a.m. – Friday 12 a.m. and Saturday from 6 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Phoenix Arizona Time, UTC -7).
- Open a live chat session from the Support Page, or submit a web-based support request
- Voice: 1-877-313-2008 (U.S.) or +001-602-659-4679 (International)
- Email: OLPsupport@KryterionOnline.com
Acquia Certification exams are conducted by our testing partner Kryterion via their testing system named Webassessor. You have the choice to take an exam online from your location (Online Proctored or OLP), or onsite at one of Kryterion’s worldwide test centers.
For Online Proctored exams, you’ll need a compatible Windows or Mac computer with a webcam and to install the Sentinel software. See the Test Taker Guide for full details.
Onsite exams are administered at Kryterion Testing Centers in more than 750 locations worldwide.
- If you don’t have one already, create an account on Webassessor first. If your company is sponsoring your exam please provide your company name when registering.
- Login to Webassessor with your account
- Click Register for exam link from the top right menu
- Click + To expand the catalogs, and find look for the exam you wish to take
- Click + by the Exam name to see available exam delivery options (Onsite or Online)
- Carefully select either Online or Onsite delivery option and click Buy Now button next to the option.
- For ONLINE option
a. Select your Time Zone, then desired test Date and available Time option
b. Check Terms and Conditions checkbox at the bottom and click Select to proceed to next screen
- For ONSITE option
a. Select your City, search for available Testing Centers in your City
b. Select the desired Testing Center and click Select button
c. On the following screen, select desired test Date and available Time option
d. Check Terms and Conditions checkbox at the bottom and proceed to next screen
- If you have a voucher or coupon code, enter the code in the box provided special price or discount, else proceed to Checkout page
- Enter your billing information and make the payment
- You will receive the registration information and your schedule by email.
Kryterion has over 750 test centers worldwide. Use the following link to locate a test center near you: http://www.kryteriononline.com/Locate-Test-Center.
If there is no test center near your location, you can always take an Online test from your home or office.
If you passing the exam, you will receive an automatic email with your score, a certificate and a digital badge. If you didn’t receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not issue physical or printed Certificates.
- Leave adequate time before your exam to set up your computer and workspace.
- Review the Requirements and Instructions several days before your scheduled exam to make sure you have the correct hardware and software.
- You will need to schedule your exam at least 24 hours prior to the start of the exam
- You will need an internal or external webcam
- Do NOT use two monitors
- Find a quiet place to take the exam alone, as you will be monitored and noise / busy surroundings may cause the exam to shut down
- Do not use headphones for the duration of the exam
- Help or tutoring during an exam is strictly prohibited
- Preferred Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari
- Study Guides: Acquia publishes comprehensive Study Guides for our certification exams. These guides provide learning resources, roadmaps, and tips for success.
- eBook: Five Steps to Get Ready for the Acquia Certified Developer Exam (Drupal 7).
- If you don’t pass an exam, you may retake it.
- You need to register again for retake attempts, and either pay full price or use a coupon or voucher.
- If you don’t pass, you need to wait for at least 2 weeks for taking the exam again.
- A candidate may try any exam for a maximum of three times. A fourth attempt requires a waiver from the Acquia Certification Program office.
- If you don’t pass an exam, you’ll get an email with your score.
Online Proctored Exams (OLP): You may cancel a scheduled OLP exam up to 24 hours before the scheduled time for a full refund. If you cancel inside the 24-hour window you will NOT receive a refund.
Onsite Exam: You may cancel a scheduled Onsite exam up to 72 hours before the scheduled time for a full refund. If you cancel inside the 72-hour window you will NOT receive a refund.
Online Exam: You may reschedule an OLP exam up to 24 hours before the scheduled time at no cost. Rescheduling fewer than 24 hours before the scheduled time is subject to rescheduling fees.
Onsite Exam: You may reschedule an Onsite exam up to 72 hours before the scheduled exam at no cost. Rescheduling an exam fewer than 72 hours before the scheduled time are subject to rescheduling fees.
We have a strict no-show policy. If you miss your scheduled time for an exam (Online or Onsite) you forfeit that test attempt. We DO NOT provide a refund for no-shows. You will need to register again and either pay or use a new voucher to take the exam.
The registry lists the names of all who have earned Acquia Certification credentials.
It takes between 2 to 3 weeks for successful candidate's name to appear on the certification registry. If you cannot find your name after 3 weeks of a successful attempt, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can buy bulk vouchers from Acquia, for the exams. To do so - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Vouchers expire after 60 days after date of issue.