Migrating to Drupal 8 might seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Sometimes, it is possible to migrate simply. Other times, the needs of the migration require customization of the migration, which can introduce significant challenges. However, with the right planning and processes in place, effectively migrating your content can be easy.
In this webinar, learn about the processes needed to effectively migrate your content to Drupal 8 from Drupal 6 or 7. We’ll cover the steps in the 5 phases of an effective migration: auditing your source site, planning a data model, prepping for and planning your migration strategy, and inevitably, launching the migration. Attendees will walk away with a deeper understanding of:
- How to audit your bundles, fields, and entities
- The steps to determine what needs to stay, go, and be modified
- How to work with the Migrate API and extend functionality with contrib migration modules
- The process to set up near-continuous migration of content in order to minimize downtime
- Ways to effectively create and implement a risk mitigation plan