Global Account Executive
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Global Account Executive will own and manage a limited number of major existing accounts (Global Accounts) and will be responsible for expanding Acquia’s business within these accounts which would include selling new products and services to existing customer divisions as well as penetrating new divisions and lines of business and ensuring the annual renewal of all existing Acquia subscriptions. In this role you will work with and lead internal product and solution teams to deliver the right solution to your accounts and broaden Acquia’s audience within the accounts. This role will be the point person for ensuring all deliverables are met and the business relationship strengthens. This is first and foremost a sales role with the critical success factors being strategic account management and complex relationship management across large and complex enterprise environments. Core sales skills including deal management, negotiation and closing will also be required competencies.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with solution selling of complex enterprise software, and strengthening relationships with their accounts. They will also have a strong acumen of - and a deliberate point of view regarding - cloud, open source, and digital technologies. Experience in the CMS / digital experience markets is a plus but is not required.
- 7-10+ years of Major Account Management experience with Global enterprises (Global2000 corporations)
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding quota
- Prior success with strategic account mapping and strategic account management
- Experience managing different facets of the account and ensuring internal teams meet their deliverables
- Ability to manage and develop deep client relationships through the full life-cycle of the account
- Experience in cultivating large deals and navigating through complex sales processes