Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Sales Analyst will be a member of the Sales Planning & Analysis team in support of Acquia’s continued growth. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who leverages fact-based analysis and creative thinking to solve problems. This team member will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Acquia’s business drivers and build strong relationships with function, department, and executive leadership to create actionable analysis. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Acquia’s history.
In this role, you will forecast and analyze quarterly business results, perform complex ad hoc analysis, and identify performance opportunities. This person will develop reports and reporting tools that transform large amounts of data into actionable information. Examples of possible analysis workload include: performance variance analysis, forecast accuracy analysis, sales pipeline analysis, and identifying leading indicators of territory performance.
- Assist with quarterly close, reporting and forecasting, and planning process
- Identifying and understanding business trends and quarterly forecast variances
- Preparation of management reports
- Understand and facilitate commission structure and payments
- Conduct ad hoc analytical studies in support of operational improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain models and reports to clearly communicate actual results and forecast performance
- Complete quarterly variance analysis and identify key business drivers
- Create tools to facilitate the analysis of transactional data
- Documents processes, makes recommendations, and assist in systems/process improvements to enhance overall sales reporting accuracy and speed
- Bachelors in Finance and/or Accounting or related discipline is required
- 2-4 years’ experience in Financial Analysis or Sales Operations
- Proven capability in financial modeling
- Experience with modeling and budgeting
- Very strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and the able to interact with various levels within the organization
- Advanced Excel skills and capable of interpreting/manipulating data
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Understanding of the levers which impact business performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present the results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to a wide range of business leaders