Security Engineering Intern
If being at the leading edge of technology and the web's future excites you, then you want to be an Intern at Acquia! As the landscape of the web is changing, so are the companies that are defining its future - Acquia is at the leading of edge of the new definition.
Working at Acquia gives you hands on experience with cutting edge technologies where you will be rubbing shoulders with the talented engineers developing the next generation web. Acquia’s engineers are crafting systems to help companies the world over build and run high traffic, dynamic websites.
Does the challenge of working with Security Engineers and InfoSec get your mind racing? Do you think like a hacker when evaluating software architecture and the resilience of cloud services? Do you want to learn from security professionals in a fast-paced environment. Join Acquia and help enhance the security of a the largest sites and brands on the planet, whose Drupal web sites are powered by our PaaS platform and SaaS services built on top of many thousands of AWS EC2 instances.
Acquia is looking for an software security intern with a security mindset to work across Acquia's products in collaboration with Acquia's security engineering, operations and InfoSec teams. Although we run PHP & MySQL at a massive scale for our Drupal customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements in everything from Ruby to PHP to Go, and storing data in everything from MySQL to DynamoDB. All this is in the part of the overarching goal to be the best place in the world to run Drupal websites.
- Build and test packages to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Advocate security and secure design on Acquia development teams.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement customer-facing security features.
- Work with SecEng and Engineering to deliver product security requirements
- Participate in the evaluation, implementation, and support of security-focused tools and services.
- Develop strong knowledge of common security vulnerabilities, attack vectors, attack methods, and remediation techniques.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Software development and technical skills.
- Working knowledge of LAMP stack.
- Object Oriented Programming experience and/or scripting language: Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Experience with Puppet or similar configuration management tools.
- Experience as an open source project contributor a plus.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.