Manager, Revenue Accounting
Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are actively seeking a Technical Revenue Accounting Manager to join our rapidly growing Finance Organization as a key member of the Revenue Team. Reporting to the Global Revenue Controller, this candidate will oversee all accounting for revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled receivables. This individual must possess a very solid understanding of the revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
The Technical Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible for reviewing contracts, revenue recognition, assisting and concluding on technical issues, and revenue reporting. This role will assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and internal controls within Revenue Accounting.
- Ensuring revenue transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 605-25, 985-605, etc.).
- Review customer arrangements to conclude the appropriate revenue recognition treatment and to identify any issues.
- Research and analysis of complex revenue recognition issues, as necessary.
- Work closely with Sales, Legal, and Operations to ensure all issues are identified and addressed appropriately in advance of execution.
- Maintain, monitor, and reconcile the Company’s revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled receivables accounts.
- Maintain the Company’s Fair Value analysis for all product lines (BESP, VSOE).
- Manage the Company’s Monthly Relative Sales Value calculations and allocations.
- Review all Professional Services revenue to ensure accurate recognition in accordance with previously concluded guidance.
- Review and formally document all material revenue generating transactions in accordance with Company policies.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed.
- Identify opportunities and assist Company in process improvement.
- Manage the Company’s transition and implementation to the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606).
- Serve as point of contact with external auditors in regards to revenue transactions and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting in experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel related to report generation and analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to identify trends, expectations, and present results in an organized fashion.
- SFDC or other CRM system experience.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Intacct).
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries, and deliver results.