Sr. Technical Architect - Drupal
Acquia is looking for Sr. Drupal Architect who have a passion for delivering killer web experiences and wowing their customers.
You get to guide and drive technical application design for Acquia customers and lead technical teams of some of the best talent in the Drupal and web development communities (from both Acquia and from our top-notch partners around the world). You will help Acquia’s clients across all vertical industries including government, consumer goods, pharma, gaming and media to make the most of the power of Drupal and open source.
Acquia’s team of Drupal rock stars is helping our customers build killer web experiences, migrate to Drupal, tune and improve their Drupal implementations, and advise on all things Drupal and web architecture. With the rapid adoption of Drupal as a web platform, and with our growing number of Acquia-led technical development projects supporting our clients and partners, our Technical Architects are in high demand. They work with some of the most talented technologists and some of the hottest web properties on leading edge web development projects. Engagements vary by customer and can include anything from custom coding and mentoring of partner and client teams to application design and ongoing guidance on architecture through development and application launch.
- Prior experience building, leading and architecting Drupal applications
- Ability to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners and Acquia stakeholders
- Ability to perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Experience defining and scope a technical solution for large scale Drupal projects
- Experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction with enterprise level clients preferred
- Excellent ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching small/mid-sized teams.
- Deep experience architecting web solutions.
- PHP coding, SQL administration and optimization, and Unix/Linux or Windows server administration is key
- 7+ years developing Drupal applications.
- Must be a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of or experience with other CMS technologies and/or open-source technologies is a plus
- Long-time Drupalists, that are active contributors, are well rewarded, but we’ll also help great developers and consultants become one
- Experience providing technical support or consulting strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred