Partner Relations Manager
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
The career opportunity
Acquia is looking for a recent graduate to join the Global Partner team as a Partner Relationship Manager. The PRM will be responsible for developing and growing channel partner relationships across the France region. Therefore there is a requirement for the candidate to be fluent in French language at a business level. The PRM will report into the Country Manager, Southern Europe.
At Acquia, our partners make great digital experiences possible by offering our products, consulting expertise and other complementary products and services. Digital agencies, systems integrators, consultancies and developers rely on Acquia’s digital business optimization solutions to drive digital outcomes and accelerate growth. The position of Partner Relationship Manager is dedicated to recruitment, enablement and managing relationships with our valued partners.
New Partner Recruitment, Activation & Outreach:
- Outbound recruitment of new digital agencies, web development companies and systems integrators; Activities include:
- Developing a new partner recruitment strategy based on areas where coverage is most needed - by region, solution/vertical expertise, customer size, number of certifications, rates, etc.
- Identifying and sourcing contacts for recruitment targets
- Managing outbound recruitment campaigns for assigned territories
- Manage partner contract negotiation process with Acquia’s Legal team
- Approval and onboarding of new partner applicants
- Outreach to partners in the Acquia Partner Program who have been in active; Re-engagement and re-onboarding of partner
On-Boarding & Reactivation:
- Manage back end systems of record for partner information, profiles on the Partner Finder, access to the Partner Portal/LMS, access to Free Tools for Partners
- Enable Partners on self-services tools - Partner Portal, Deal Reg Form, Learning Management System for Partners, Acquia.Com
- Deliver sales enablement training to partners
Partner Account Management:
- Manage strategic relationships with 15-20 focus partners in assigned territory
- Regular calls/meeting with top partners active/strategic/influential in the territory
- Incremental goal setting around joint-prospecting initiatives, sales and technical enablement for the partner, certification, etc.
- Represent focus partners internally at Acquia, recommending them for projects and other new opportunities
- Joint-Marketing with Partners
- Encourage partners to contribute content and case studies to Acquia.Com, Drupal.Com
- Ensure inclusion and participation of partners in Acquia “Make Partners Famous” contests like Partner Site of the Year, Acquia MVP
- Identify partners to provide thought leadership
- Act as a liaison between Partner and Acquia Marketing team on co-marketing initiatives
- Follow up with inbound partner-registered leads; Activities include:
- Discovery Calls with Partners about new opportunities
- Initial qualification of partner-sourced opportunities
- Introductions to Acquia Sales after opportunity is qualified
- Act as a first-point-of-contact for partners with new sales opportunities to introduce to Acquia
- Manage joint-prospecting activities with partners and Acquia Sales team; Activities include:
- Planning: Account mapping, research, list building, developing content and calls to action
- Execution: Launch campaigns and manage follow up with the partner
The successful candidate will utilise a professional question based approach to forge/maintain strong client relationships, displaying a consultative/inquisitive nature, with the ambition and tenacity to achieve specific business objectives/revenue targets. A pro-active and progressive working practice is essential, in order to identify/develop/exploit new commercial opportunities within the exciting world of digital media solutions.
- A consultative communication style, with the ability to conduct client needs analysis and allocate the correct Acquia solution aligned to a client’s specific need.
- A true influencer, able to develop strategic client partnerships and demonstrate business acumen.
- A proactive approach, combined with creativity, determination and persistency
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a strategic and forward planning thought process.
- Fluency in French language at a business level.
- A degree level education (preferably within a technical or business field) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge or experience of digital media, open source or drupal technology (including an appreciation of the industry structure, operating practices, business functionalities and competitive landscape).
- Professional Sales training