Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 17,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views monthly for our clients, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world.
Our cloud engineering team utilizes a variety of programming languages and technologies to tackle many interesting architecture and scalability challenges. Although we run PHP & MySQL at a massive scale for our Drupal customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements in everything from Ruby to PHP to Go, and storing data in everything from MySQL to DynamoDB.
The Director of Engineering will join the existing Acquia office in New Delhi as a senior staff member. The office is currently comprised of Professional Services, Operations and Support staff. The Director of Engineering will recruit a high performing team of technical leads, software engineers, and quality assurance engineers in accordance with Acquia’s growth strategy. The team will collaborate closely with staff in Boston so flexibility in working hours is important. Once the team has been recruited, the Director of Engineering will manage the team including ongoing career development and performance oversight. Although this is primarily a management role, there is also an opportunity to be “hands-on technical”.
- Recruiting a team of top-performing engineers to be based in our existing New Delhi office.
- Managing and growing the team consistent with the needs of the business.
- Providing oversight on methodology, technology choices, and team productivity.
- Removing impediments that block or slow down the development team.
- Ensuring that the right roles are filled by the right people.
- Motivating employees to achieve the business goals of the product.
- Career development of all employees that report to you.
- Passionate about people more than technology.
- Uncompromising focus on excellence.
- Empathetic towards customers and all the roles required to build a successful product.
- Biased towards action and practical solutions.
- Inquisitive and has a knack for seeking out truth.
- Equally comfortable managing up as they are managing down.
- Technically proficient enough to earn the respect of a senior development team.
- 15+ years of relevant experience with a solid background in managing software engineering teams.
- Experience with the LAMP stack and ideally Ruby on Rails
- Trained in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum, with a demonstrated history of continuous improvement.
- Experience managing managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has navigated teams through adverse situations, either successfully or unsuccessfully
- Well versed in modern development techniques and automated testing strategies
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Has worked for a VC-backed company
- Well versed in JIRA and Confluence