Human Resources Business Partner
Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The HR Business Partner is a hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to Acquia Employees. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence in a global organization. The ideal candidate exhibits teamwork, motivation, proactivity and a great attitude. This is a unique, challenging, and exciting role for an experienced HR professional that is looking for a growth opportunity.
- Act as a partner to Employees & Managers providing coaching and counseling to help build high performing teams and enhance Employee skills. Provides prompt feedback to the business to aid in identifying opportunities for greater impact.
- Assist in the development and execution of the talent management processes including career development initiatives, performance management, etc.
- Own Acquia’s Onboarding program with a focus on improving the New Hire experience and optimizing processes internally. Leverage New Hire feedback to evolve the Onboarding program in close partnership and collaboration with the Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development teams.
- Manage offboarding processes and provide regular insights back to the business to aid in retention and Employee satisfaction.
- In close partnership with the Senior Manager, HRBP, evolve the global quarterly Performance Management program to support continuous professional development at Acquia.
- Regularly provide insights and recommendations back to the business, on a department and company level on topics such as New Hire experience, Employee Relations, Exits and Employee development opportunities.
- Maintain compliance with state and local employment laws and regulations. Keeps abreast of changes to the law, and applies to current processes.
- Effectively executes with an eye to optimize global initiatives while implementing best practices. Often act as project lead to influence internal customers.
- Regularly present to internal customers at all levels in small and large group settings.
- Stay current with HR trends in the market to influence best practices within the HR team.
- Work in close partnership to support Recruiting and Learning & Development initiatives.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- 3+ years HR Generalist experience required.
- Human Resources certification is preferred (CP, PHR, etc.)
- Demonstrates an effective expertise in Human Resources, particularly in Employee Relations
- Exceptional customer service skills and proven ability to act in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving
- Experience analyzing data to support decision-making and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to handle sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact, build relationships and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter and solutions oriented
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Travel, as necessary