Technical Product Manager
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for a Technical Product Manager to manage the evolution of our market-leading Cloud platform. Technical Product Managers at Acquia are responsible for converting high-level roadmaps and goals into actionable epics and stories and then working with the engineering teams to get them built . From writing those epics and stories, prioritizing, managing expectations, through to driving business and technical delivery, our Technical Product Managers are expected to drive their Product to successful outcomes for our company and customers. There is always more to do than time to do it in, so you will need to juggle the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders; while at the same time jumping in deeply on key initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Taking high level goals and converting them into actionable epics and stories, and then working with the teams to deliver the vision
- Working with customers and internal stakeholders (Operations, Support, etc) to define the product experience, bridging high-level business requirements and functional specifications to ensure clear communication and coordination across business, engineering, operations and support teams
- Creating and managing near-to-mid term product roadmap, prioritization, tradeoffs and constraints
- Communicating roadmap and technical capabilities to customers
- Assessing current and emerging technologies and market/industry trends in order to inform platform strategy
Other Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience in product management in an Agile software development environment
- Experience in software / technology firms is required, SaaS or PaaS is desirable
- Ability to establish priorities while balancing complex technical and business requirements
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, and a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Pro-active, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services is desirable
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.