Manager, Solutions Architecture
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our US team – someone to evangelize Acquia to our potential customers; to work with our customers to develop strong technical solutions to their business needs, and to prepare accurate estimates for consulting services and infrastructure to bring that proposed solution to life.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in Pre Sales in SaaS software ideally in web development / content management and / or e-commerce. You should be confident illustrating your ideas in written, verbal and visual forms.
Acquia's Solutions Architects interact with potential customers in all sectors - from startups to large enterprises across industries, and with all levels of government. Solutions Architects communicate how Drupal and Acquia can help them succeed. As a manager on the team you will be responsible for the success of a team of Solution Architects in your region. You will enable and onboard your team, proactively manage technical blockers within deals and empower your team to high performance.
You will also act as a key conduit between Sales leadership and Product engineering, presenting solutions to problems you identified. In addition to your management duties you will contribute to the individual goals by leading pre-sales engagements with customers, researching and presenting Acquia solutions for enterprise grade web sites and applications.
- Experience managing a team of Solutions Architects.
- Experience managing the hiring process for open roles within the team to the required hiring plan.
- Experience leading pre-sales engagements and supporting Senior Sales colleagues in achieving and exceeding territory revenue plans.
- Developed customized presentations, demonstrations and prototypes to prove a solution's business value to C level customers.
- Strong problem-solving skills, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (detail oriented)
- Passion for open source and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up
- A keen interest in learning Drupal and relevant WCM application architecture