Distributed Systems Engineer
Experience: Junior and Senior roles available
Are you excited about writing software for thousands of machines in the cloud, building resilient systems where reliability and scalability are paramount and pushing the envelope of DevOps automation? Do you like architecting applications that can scale horizontally to perform billions or trillions of monthly operations? Do you want to power websites for clients that matter? Do you want to make a difference and have the power to design features and quickly see them pushed live to production? If so, Acquia is the place for you.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 13,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views monthly for our clients, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional cloud infrastructure engineers who desire to deliver world-class performance & reliability and build powerful tools for software developers to effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about our customers' uptime, security, scalability and developer experience and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
The successful distributed systems engineering candidates would work to build the backend infrastructure that powers Acquia Cloud and other Acquia engineering efforts in a strong team environment. These engineers are expected to implement solutions to solve a wide variety of complex, highly scaleable use cases leveraging open source components. In addition, they will look for ways to contribute back to those open source communities along the way.
A strong object-oriented programming background along with experience running/configuring Linux servers and LAMP hosting stacks is required. In addition, candidates should be experienced in compiled programming languages (C, C++, Go, Java), scripted languages (Ruby, Python) and configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, etc.). Familiarity with container systems (CGroups, Docker, Rocket, etc.), and Amazon Web Services is strongly preferred.
- Programming experience
- Experience building and shipping complex applications in a variety of programming languages
- Scripting languages: Ruby, Python
- Compiled languages: C, C++, Go, Java
- Distributed Systems experience
- Building, deploying and debugging complex multi-tenant systems
- Scaling systems to thousands of concurrent users and transactions
- Systems Administration Experience
- Linux server administration
- Package management
- Server configuration and tuning
- Proven team player with achievements based on strong team collaboration
- Configuration Management Tools experience
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Experience running production workloads on AWS
- Exposure to Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, etc.
- Experience with open source container and cluster computing projects including Docker, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes and so on
- Open source project contributions
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.