Senior Director, Portfolio Product Marketing
Acquia is searching for an accomplished, high energy and results-driven Senior Director of Portfolio Product Marketing. This highly visible role is the face and voice of our product portfolio globally and the primary advocate to the market. We are seeking an experienced leader and product marketing executive who understands B2B Cloud software to drive go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning across all of our products as well as at the corporate level, and to build a comprehensive go-to-market, thought leadership, and analyst relations strategy that will deliver breakthrough results. We are a high growth company that recruits only the best talent. We promote a culture that is committed to awesome, embraces innovation, and thrives on teamwork. If you embrace these values as well this is your opportunity to join our winning team.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this individual will help lead cross-functional teams in the development of product messaging, market positioning, analyst relations strategy, thought leadership, and sales enablement around Acquia’s global product portfolio. In this role, you are the lead evangelist for our product portfolio in the form of speaking opportunities, high-profile customer meetings, presenting at corporate conferences and events, media opportunities, engaging with industry analysts, and other communications activities. You will work collaboratively with executive leadership, marketing, product management, sales leadership, and the partner team to define strategy and drive go-to-market programs that deliver results.
- Manage the analyst relations program globally including defining our strategy, leading responses to key research reports such as Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves, planning analyst strategy sessions, educating analysts on Acquia products through regular briefings, and gaining key insight into key market trends that inform product direction through inquiries.
- Work with Product Marketing to develop product messaging and positioning across Acquia’s product portfolio that will create differentiation in a rapidly evolving market, and enable Acquia to lead the industry conversation as the cutting edge visionary in the space.
- Be a brand leader and storyteller: Be able to evangelize how these products have transformed our customers’ businesses with game-changing results. Tell the various customer journey experiences to other customers, in webinars, and at shows and conferences.
- Lead and create the sales enablement strategy to train the Acquia sales team on the corporate vision, messaging, market positioning, product capabilities, competitive and effective solution selling techniques.
- Work closely with the Chief Products Officer and product marketing leadership to make sure we continue to deliver high impact products and launches that hit the sweet spots in the market at the right times. You must have an extraordinary ability to translate product capabilities into features, benefits, and value propositions for customers.
- Support our sales and field teams through direct sales support in one/ one customer situations and in many to one opportunities for speaking.
- Work directly with corporate marketing leadership to develop a content and media/PR strategy to generate interest in Acquia’s product portfolio. Deliver compelling thought leadership and assets to key stakeholders including sales collateral, white papers, website, e-mail, social, newsletters, blog posts, speaking opportunities, webinars, etc.
- 25% domestic and international travel required.
- 7+ years of experience as a senior leader in product marketing in a B2B software environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus.
- Vertical marketing expertise a plus.
- Successful track record managing people.
- Consulting or account management experience required. Must bring knowledge and appreciation of a customer journey experience
- A deep understanding of enterprise software marketing and 5+ years experience with products in a SaaS and/or PaaS environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of business and technical skills and be able to speak comfortably to any audience.
- An outstanding communicator, presenter and proven public speaker to prospects/customers and internal executives at conferences, tradeshows, webinars, and company meetings.
- A passion for the digital experience platform and CMS market with a track record of developing differentiated messaging and positioning for web software products, comprehensive market research, and collateral.
- A creative innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit. Ideally you’ve worked with disruptive technologies.
- Leadership: You’re able to lead cross-functional teams, realize new opportunities, and succeed against aggressive goals.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the executive team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- World-class communicator and thought leader: You’re passionate about evangelizing and sharing product knowledge, engaging with any audience, and discussing core value propositions to both business and technical audiences as needed. You are second to none in writing, presentation and evangelism skills.
- Subject Matter Expert: You are a product, market, and competitive expert - the go to resource for executives and key internal teams including sales, marketing and products for your deep understanding of the product portfolio and advice.
- Data-Driven: You love metrics and numbers, dig deep to obtain and analyze data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.