Senior/Project Manager, UK
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
We are Acquia and We are building for the future of the web.
Acquia is looking for a full-time Senior/Project Manager to oversee ongoing web development and enhancement projects leveraging the fast growing open-source project, Drupal.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player who is passionate about open-source, web development, and has a relentless desire to deliver the highest level of client satisfaction. Experience running large-scale web development and support projects, particularly with CRMs, with the ability to guide customers through their digital transformation. Experience managing an eco-system including partner, internal, and client staff in the global delivery of large-scale application development efforts is a must. Candidates will have a strong sense of methodology (agile, waterfall, etc), prioritisation and team management, metrics reporting and perspective on best practice and thought-leadership in the delivery of solutions. To be successful in the role candidates must have a robust attention to detail, and an ability to negotiate mutually successful outcomes, while driving budget, margin, project quality, and on time delivery of solutions to Acquia’s highest profile clients.
The Project Manager will:
- Represent Acquia by ensuring implementation success while easing customers across Europe through their digital transformation
- Be hands on project manager with experience managing distributed and complex project teams supporting multiple clients
- Oversee projects that include cutting-edge Drupal application development, enhancement, and maintenance efforts, driving process, quality, and velocity to achieve customer success
- Negotiate with partners on the scoping, pricing, methodology and delivery of approach for subcontracted engagements
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements inclusive of project staffing, partner progress tracking, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Track and report weekly and monthly on project budget, margin, team utilisation and other metrics
- Advocate for customer success on engagements with a focus on team harmony and execution, and adherence to Acquia metrics and revenue goals
- Build deep customer trust in Acquia’s delivery process and team, with an emphasis on proactive expectation setting and change management
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes in complex project scenarios with customers, partners and Acquia stakeholders
- Experience defining and delivering large scale engagements
- Web development project experience is a must, familiarity/experience with Drupal or other CRM technologies is desirable.
- Strong understanding of and experience in managing complex project financials including tracking forecast, actuals, and revenue targets
- Excellent customer and partner relationship management skills
- Agile and/or scrum experience a must
- 6 + years managing large scale ($1M+) web development projects in a digital agency setting or development environment.
- Must be a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CMS technologies, especially Drupal and/or open-source is a plus
- PMI Certification is a plus
- Scrum Certification is a plus
- Fluency in French language at a business level would be desirable