Director - Cloud Operations
Acquia's Cloud Operations team manages, monitors, and maintains thousands of server instances delivering billions of requests monthly for some of the world's largest Drupal-powered web sites. Our global 24x7 operations teams ensure our customer's success using Acquia Cloud and related products.
- Largest websites on the planet
- Global brands
- Open source product and built on OSS
- Empowered to drive change and innovate in product, how we work, tools, best practices, culture
- collaborative global team
We are looking for a highly organized, velocity focused leader with excellent judgement and communication skills to grow and mentor our outstanding team of systems engineers and administrators. Your responsibilities include day to day guidance and mentorship to a team of LAMP stack experts supporting our 10,000+ Amazon Web Services EC2 instances.
Successful candidates will:
- Hire, train and mentor our passionate team of Cloud Operations Engineers
- Identify, prioritize and execute on areas of improvement for automation and tools
- Communicate effectively with enterprise customers, and Acquia support, engineering, sales and leadership
- Triage and resolve complex issues, quickly, with incomplete information
- Possess deep knowledge of internet and server technologies
- Measurably improve our service's reliability, scalability, manageability, and security
- Participate in roadmap decisions for the Acquia Cloud products
- Understand our customers and our business to ensure the success of both
- Thrives under pressure, but values process improvement over firefighting
- Manage 24x7 support rotations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Hands-on LAMP stack experience with min 14 years of total relevant experience.
- 3-5 years as a manager of technical teams
- Specifying tools and processes to support execution-focused teams
- Track record of successful, high-traffic internet service deployments
- Experience maintaining complex, scalable multi-tier applications
- Experience working with global teams
Web servers, databases, automated monitoring, configuration management tools, Linux
Kanban, Drupal, AWS, Nagios, Puppet, MySQL and other DBs, Apache, nginx, Varnish, ...